Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2023, 07:23 PM   #1

what to get? Entry level dirt bike

Hey guys, I'm new here! I've been reading through the forums and would appreciate some advice.

For the last year and half or so my 2 kids (boy- age 13 1/2 & girl age 16) have been riding the 3 acres field/partially wooded area around my house. They currently ride a couple fun little pit bikes running lawn mower engines and automatic clutch.

Well, they are ready to move up to something bigger, but as they are still newish riders I wanted to move them up to something midway between the pit bikes and something faster and more powerful and give them something they can learn to shift gears with.

I found the "rps hawk" and the "x-pro hawk dlx" and thought that they looked perfect. From what I've seen they appear to essentially be the same, or at least have the same engine, although while I like the idea of the fuel injection on the x-pro hawk dlx, I'm seeing that the rps hawk-x comes in a counter balanced frame (I'm assuming that's a good thing?).

I'm looking for advice on if this is a good option? My kids are about 5'8" & 5'10" tall currently. Would I be better off with one over the other? Or should I consider something else entirely? I plan to get one each for both kids, and figure that this will be something we keep a couple of years until they are ready to upgrade and will not likely invest heavily into mods.

In a perfect world, I'd like to spend no more than $2000 per bike and am open to buying used, but I haven't seen anything local for near my price point. I am located in Central Arkansas is that makes a difference. Thanks for any input!

Tags
advice, hawk 250, recommendation