Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2015, 02:18 AM   #1

Bike cuts out at 30-35 mph

I've replaced the carburetor twice, I get the same exact results, loss of power on acceleration and cuts out, acts like it wants to back fire. I've changed my theory and think it's the cool or cdi. My cdi will be here today and I have an extra coil. Any help with this problem greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 07-22-2015, 03:56 AM   #2

Hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyc72110 View Post
I've replaced the carburetor twice, I get the same exact results, loss of power on acceleration and cuts out, acts like it wants to back fire. I've changed my theory and think it's the cool or cdi. My cdi will be here today and I have an extra coil. Any help with this problem greatly appreciated. Thanks

maybe its the rev limiter.... try a higher gear... 2nd maybe better...

but all jokes aside... if it just cuts out chances are it is the coil or CDI
not the carb...
77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 07-22-2015, 07:02 AM   #3

I would check the wiring to and from the coil etc....I've been fooled as well thinking a carb issue, and it turns out to be intermittent wiring / spark.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #4

What kind of bike? Which carb was on there from the factory? What did you replace the carb with? Have you made any mods?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-23-2015, 03:12 PM   #5

Replaced the cdi still does it

i put new cdi on and it still does it. The original carb is DEKNI PZ30, that's what I replaced it with. When I first got the bike, I read a how to on performance. It said replace air filter with pod, move "c" clip on metering rod to bottom position and drill the muffler to let extra exhaust out. That worked good. But it sit for a year and gas ruined the carb. So had to replace it. Before that I had trouble with the cdi, it was only working when it wanted. I replaced the coil with performance coil, suppose to be better. But after that I read it might over work the stator. Like wear it out. It kinda seems like that might be it but ain't wanting to change it, though I have another, and original coil. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 07-24-2015, 09:40 AM   #6

check your wires to the coil... I had the same thing happening and turned out the one spade connector on the coil was loose, and the vibration from the speed was jiggling it loose enough to drop spark occasionally

Old 07-29-2015, 04:27 PM   #7

Motorcycle doing much better

Got my spade connectors today, crimped them on, and it rode awesome. Got up to about 55 in 3rd or 4th, it wasn't perfect, missed a couple times but wasn't like a bronco horse. Still losing some spark I guess but it much better. Was coil feed wires, the two coming in. My connectors had broke, I had wires pushed through male spade hole and connector pushed on wedging it on. Worked for a long time. Thanks for all the help people. Gah what a relief.....

Old 07-30-2015, 12:01 PM   #8

Awesome! Glad you found it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer