Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2023, 04:40 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Rae View Post
sweet.
Once you've gotten from Lifan, to CSC TT250, you are within spitting distance of a water-cooled Kawasaki DOHC 300.

The reason most of us buy Chinese bikes is we are cheap. There. I said it!

I have an incredibly competent full sized 20hp enduro that can do WAY more than I can. And I paid $1850 plus shipping.

It is all about how much you are willing to spend, or have expendable income to commit. The Kawasaki KLX 300 is NICE. Street legal, fully supported, ample torque for highway and NICE off the beaten path...

Just sayin'
I am not sure what your budget is. And, CSC TT250 is TALL. The Bashan 250 might actually work better for you. You might do some test drives before committing.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:18 PM   #47

Well I'll of course vouch for the TT250. Two years ago, mine was $3k to my door, with a new chain and sprocket installed by them and a couple other minor accessories. I'm now going on 10k miles, and know of someone who has well over 30k on his. CSC is fantastic all-around, and seemingly has 99% of all parts and maintenance tutorials available.

Mine is a commuter 90% of the time, with some light trails and camping here and there. At 6'2", you shouldn't have any issue with the 32" seat (I'm 5'9" and I'm a hair short of flat-footing when I sit on it).

Old 11-09-2023, 05:53 PM   #48

The CSC TT250 has the counterbalanced version of a Zongshen CG229cc clone. This is the same engine I have in my Bashan Storm, which I paid $1500 for!

It can be had for the same price today (DB-08) with inverted forks, and a 32" seat height.

I would check out the Bashan BSR 250 unless I wanted to spend more money. The issue is service. So either the BSR 250 or the TT250 are similar (same motor). Frame geometry could be more enduro (TT), or more dual sport (BSR).

OP needs to ride them. But frankly, if a couple thou is in the mix, I would search for a leftover 2022-3 KLX250.

Old 11-10-2023, 08:23 AM   #49

Ok Guys, the simple short version...

LIFAN or CSC? If I am correct, both are USA based contacts, and both will ship fully assembled bikes. Both are around the same price.

If you HAD to choose one or the other...which one, and why?? I have until the spring to decide so lets see LOTS of responses :-)

Old 11-10-2023, 08:32 AM   #50

KPX, I explained that on in your other post. lol Both are great bikes from solid dealers. The TT250 is just a higher quality Hawk250. I own both and the KPX is leaps and bounds a much better bike.

You also stated that you have a local Lifan Dealer. That will be a plus if you ever had to bring it in for something.

TT250 has 1 year warranty
KPX has 2 Year Warranty
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-10-2023, 08:43 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
KPX, I explained that on in your other post. lol Both are great bikes from solid dealers. The TT250 is just a higher quality Hawk250. I own both and the KPX is leaps and bounds a much better bike.

You also stated that you have a local Lifan Dealer. That will be a plus if you ever had to bring it in for something.
Yes, and I totally value YOUR thoughts! And yes, that dealer is local, and he can source them right to me. That might be the best option.

Old 11-10-2023, 10:05 AM   #52

Keep in mind that the CSC TT250 is a pushrod valve style 230 (16hp) and the Lifan KXR 250 has the overhead cam style 249.9cc engine (20hp). I see that Jerry mentions this in your intro thread.

Both are quite dependable engines. I think the Lifan is a taller bike, and I think the frame geometry is different. You will have to rely on a test drive if you can get one, and owners on this site to help you with this. I don't own either one! But they are different.

I like them both!

Last edited by Thumper; 11-10-2023 at 11:24 AM.

Old 11-10-2023, 02:38 PM   #53

I think I have made up my mind. ITs going to be a KPX. As I am 6 Ft, 2 I am going to need the taller bike, plus the Lifan LOOKS better!

Now to wait out the winter, booo

So, this begs another question ( I know, Newbies! ) If I'm set on the Lifan, and find, lets say, a used KLX300 or something for around the same price...what is one to do!

Sorry for all the questions! But isn't that what these forums are for? If you ever want advice on Zamboni driving, Ill return the favor...HA!

Old 11-10-2023, 03:31 PM   #54

Get the KLX in that case. Japanese quality is still ahead of China in most all cases. While the KPX is very good, the KLX would be better. For one, bigger motor.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old 11-10-2023, 03:41 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Rae View Post
I think I have made up my mind. ITs going to be a KPX. As I am 6 Ft, 2 I am going to need the taller bike, plus the Lifan LOOKS better!

Now to wait out the winter, booo

So, this begs another question ( I know, Newbies! ) If I'm set on the Lifan, and find, lets say, a used KLX300 or something for around the same price...what is one to do!

Sorry for all the questions! But isn't that what these forums are for? If you ever want advice on Zamboni driving, Ill return the favor...HA!
I guarantee one thing; your mind will change about 10 million times between now and spring. At a certain point, you gotta just pull the trigger and go with it.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 11-13-2023, 09:47 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
I guarantee one thing; your mind will change about 10 million times between now and spring. At a certain point, you gotta just pull the trigger and go with it.
That's for sure! Being on Facebook pages for multiple brands is not making it easy :-)

its going to come down to price, financing and reliability really. With possible dealer contributions as well.

Old 11-13-2023, 12:06 PM   #57

I think if you did a survey / poll and asked people if when they purchased their first motorcycle, was it the right / “perfect” choice and it’s the bike they still ride today and only bike they have owned, the percentage results would be very low.
I rode some when I was a teen - anything I could beg, borrow, steal - wide open throttle on fire trails, single track, up in the hills, etc. Those were little Hondas and stuff - 80cc, 125’s…
But as an old-timer, after 600 years in the service, I did some motorcycle safety training, got my endorsement and purchased… an 863cc Triumph. No idea what I was thinking other than I literally took one look at that bike and didn’t even need to sit on it before I knew it was the one. But it doesn’t scratch every it. I need a damn barn to make up for several decades of missed riding and adventures.
(But I try to ride that Triumph every day…)
Honda CB350
Honda CL450
Tyrion the Pit Bike

Old 11-13-2023, 05:02 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen216 View Post
I think if you did a survey / poll and asked people if when they purchased their first motorcycle, was it the right / “perfect” choice and it’s the bike they still ride today and only bike they have owned, the percentage results would be very low.
I'd agree with this as a generalization. In my case, I had decided on a Monday morning at 7am to start looking at used dual sports in my area, just to get an idea for the future. By 8am I had found a pile of new SSR's at a dealership, and discovered the "China bike market". By 11am, I had found the TT250 and never looked back. If I had to do it again, I'd do the same thing. It's only 2yrs later that I'm barely beginning to wonder what else is out there, despite a dozen riders swearing on their life that I'd outgrow a 250cc in a matter of months, and that I'd "1000% regret your purchase". Nothing is ever going to be perfect, but the rate that technology progresses would lead one to believe otherwise, and wait in line for a new phone to replace the new phone they bought last year.

Old 11-13-2023, 10:06 PM   #59

Motorcycles are like lovers. Intriguing yet frustrating, thrilling yet frightening, satisfying yet we always go back for more. But motorcycles and lovers share some things in common. They are expensive to maintain while always needing more bling and, if we are honest, one just isn't enough.

Which bike should you buy? Every single one that catches your fancy.... one at a time. At least with bikes it is fairly easy to keep more than one at a time.

Last edited by Bikenut; 11-16-2023 at 11:35 AM.

Old 11-14-2023, 08:03 AM   #60

Just when I thought it was safe to assume I had this all figured out!

A member of a FB page that I am on flat out told me to go look at a Royal Enfield Himalayan. For about the same price as an expensive China bike or used Japanese. The only Enfield I have ever heard of was the rifle!

So, low and behold. DAMN. That's a nice looking ride. It even has a compass! and 25 HP??They actually have a shop near me that sells them, under 5K!

Is it worth a look-see? Anyone have any experience with them? As I understand they are made in India now?