Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2024, 09:09 PM   #1546

First Bike

My orange temlpar x will be here Monday. I'm pretty handy. Did a bit of research. . Got semi-synthetic oil . Non ethanon-fuel. Locktite

Old 02-10-2024, 05:33 PM   #1547

I went to a local dealer today since I saw they had some Xpro bikes. Unfortunately no templars and the dealer was actually crapping on the Templars. He did make me consider if i actually need a dual sport though…

Im not sure if I ever will be taking the bike on road honestly. Florida roads are scary for bikes. I just don’t think there’s any Chinese pure off-road dirt bikes on the same league as the Templar x. I guess the titan 250 is the dirtbike version of the Templar. They had one at the dealership and I sat on it a bit. Felt and looked nice. It’s $500 cheaper than the X, about 40lbs lighter, and apparently makes 16.1 hp with a 223cc vs the 14hp of the X. I don’t think I really trust x pro spec sheets though. A lot of info seems off!

I’m ready to order one of them. I just can’t decide! Ugh.

Edit. The Titan 250 listed 16.1HP. The Templar X listed in Kw. 14KW (19HP). Oops. Also the Titan comes with smaller tires. Sorry. The more I look it just proves the point. I don’t think there’s a “pure dirtbike” that can match the Templar x at cost to quality…

Old 02-10-2024, 05:41 PM   #1548

Titan does not have the 249cc engine. It is an OHC version of the 223/232cc Zongshen. Nice bike. More of an enduro. It is a 5 speed like Templar and Templar M, but not 20hp. The X has a sixth gear and lots of other upgrades.

Have you sat on a Titan or a Templar? Nice bikes!

Old 02-10-2024, 06:33 PM   #1549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Titan does not have the 249cc engine. It is an OHC version of the 223/232cc Zongshen. Nice bike. More of an enduro. It is a 5 speed like Templar and Templar M, but not 20hp. The X has a sixth gear and lots of other upgrades.

Have you sat on a Titan or a Templar? Nice bikes!

The dealer had a Titan 250 that I sat on. Seemed pretty nice. Probably the perfect height for me, and probably more than enough power to lug my 200lb self around. I just can’t make up my mind. I can save $500 by going with the Titan. That will be enough to cover all my riding gear and probably get out the same as I would buying the Templar alone. I will lose the option to be road legal, but I’m starting to doubt if I ever will get on the roads on a bike anyways!

The suspension seems sub par on the Titan. Makes sense since it’s on a completely different price bracket. A 230lb person was maxing the non adjustable suspension. This worries me.

I hate decisions…

Old 02-10-2024, 07:27 PM   #1550

The Templar seems a lot more popular than the Titan. There definitely is not as much info to find on it vs the Templar, and the soft non adjustable suspension on a pure dirtbike is putting me off from it.

I’m in the right financial situation to afford the Templar x. I think it’s just the better choice. Hope I don’t regret it.

Old 02-10-2024, 09:11 PM   #1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekenti View Post
Unfortunately no templars and the dealer was actually crapping on the Templars.
Just because I really like mine doesn't mean it's the best choice for someone else. What exactly did he say he didn't like about Templars? Do you recall?Keeping in mind or our end that he doesn't seem to sell that brand which might account for some of it. Doesn't really matter, just curious.

Old 02-10-2024, 10:46 PM   #1552

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Just because I really like mine doesn't mean it's the best choice for someone else. What exactly did he say he didn't like about Templars? Do you recall?Keeping in mind or our end that he doesn't seem to sell that brand which might account for some of it. Doesn't really matter, just curious.
They sell x pros. They only carry Chinese bikes.

He ( the owner of the dealership )said it would be impossible for me to tag the Templar X here in Florida since Xpro only ships them as “off-road only” on the MCO, the stock knobby tires are garbage and would fall apart quickly, and blinkers and mirrors would snap as soon as anything hit them. I tried explaining some of the great reviews I’ve heard on these forums about the Templar. He said multiple people has asked about them but they still refuse to order them I guess…

Kept trying to sell me a 150 too, saying that the 150 would be faster than the Templar x 250. I doubt that little 150 could pull my 210lb butt around at the speeds he was bragging about even if I was 100lbs lighter! 4 speed horizontal engine with no skid plate. I could see one bad rock or log hitting the cylinder and blowing it up . Definitely a few leagues under the Templar.

Seemed like a group of buddies got together and made a Chinese bike dealership. I’m all for supporting local small business but the customer service was crap and the owner was just really uneducated on what he was selling. I wish them luck but the ignorance and poor service will destroy them eventually. Plus there's 3 other huge dealerships selling the big mainstream brands within 5 miles of this one.

Old 02-11-2024, 05:28 AM   #1553

What a moron. No way is that 150 gonna beat my Templar. Sounds like he was bad mouthing to make his stuff look better. Lol

As far as the other stuff goes...go with a Templar X for the adjustable suspension and 6th gear. I like mine. My MCO did say "off road motorcycle", and that was after asking PSM for it say "motorcycle". I was able to get a tag for it anyway (Arizona is better about that stuff) They could not find the manufacturer in their computer system, so it got listed by the engine manufacturer because ZongShen WAS in their system. Your state will probably be different. The box my bike came in had "off road use only" all over it, but had turn signals, horn, mirrors etc...
I am guessing there emission regulations they bypass by selling it off road only?

Old 02-11-2024, 08:17 AM   #1554

"motorcycle"

I was able to get a Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO) with "MOTORCYCLE" in the body type field for both of my Templar X bikes from Powersportsmax. I think it was the 5 speed that I had to request a replacement with this. I can't remember, but they did. You just have to be persisent and friendly. Here is the one from the 6 speed:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MCO.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	30796

And I am sure that there are lots of Templars plated in Florida.

Old 02-11-2024, 08:42 AM   #1555

My templar came with an "off road motorcycle" MCO as well, simply contacted powersportsmax and asked for one that said "motorcycle" and they sent it out the same day. Can't ask for anymore than that. I live in NY with a notoriously strict DMV and was quite worried about this, in the end there were no issues and it was registered immediately.
GasGas TXT 125

Old 02-11-2024, 09:12 AM   #1556

Vekenti-
I insured all three of my Chinese bikes with Geico for ~35 bucks per year. I had a Suzuki 1250 Bandit insured with them, so I was adding the Bashan Storm, then two Templars (financial responsibility/liability only).

You can't use the online VIN entry because the manufacturer is not listed, but I called with the MCO in front of me and read the information to the Geico agent. No problem.

In Missouri, I needed:

-MCO with "motorcycle" in the Body Type field.
-proof of financial responsibility (liability insurance)
-proof of payment of personal property taxes, last two years
-my check book to pay registration and plate fees
-Bill of Sale (PSM and every vendor provides this)

Any Florida Templar owners out there???

Old 02-11-2024, 09:27 AM   #1557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post

Any Florida Templar owners out there???
I pulled the trigger and ordered the X. Blue was the only option powersportsmax had left. I think the blue looks really neat so I’m not bummed about that.

I’ve seen a couple of people lurking around that had Templar X here in Florida. Registration seems easy from what I’ve read. Some people had to hop to multiple tax collectors until they were successful. Don’t know anyone in my area that has one so I guess I will be the ambassador and test dummy for Central FL!

Wish me luck..

Old 02-11-2024, 04:51 PM   #1558

Quote:
I pulled the trigger and ordered the X. Blue was the only option powersportsmax had left. I think the blue looks really neat so I’m not bummed about that.

I’ve seen a couple of people lurking around that had Templar X here in Florida. Registration seems easy from what I’ve read. Some people had to hop to multiple tax collectors until they were successful. Don’t know anyone in my area that has one so I guess I will be the ambassador and test dummy for Central FL!

Wish me luck..
Good luck with it! Haven't found anyone yet who wasn't pleased with price vs performance of these bikes.
GasGas TXT 125

Old 02-12-2024, 02:16 PM   #1559

Quote:

Wish me luck..
Blue?

Not sure if they changed any decals, but this is what my blue Temp X looked like after I assembled it If you do get the Blue one, you will like the color. I have an orange 5 speed Temp X. They were 5 speed in early 2022 when I order it. I sold the 6 speed because it was newer and easier to sell with that 6 speed engine.

Name:	20220919done.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	517.3 KB
ID:	30807

Name:	20220919done2.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	523.7 KB
ID:	30808

Old 02-13-2024, 01:28 PM   #1560

I've been looking at the Templars since the end of last year and finally ordered last Friday 2/9/24. I requested the MCO to state Motorcycle so we will see what shows up. I did order at close of business so it didn't ship to Monday. Tracking states it will be delivered on Friday. I guess that's reasonable from CA to Utah. I had a tough time deciding between the M and X also but decided on the X for the extra gear and suspension. I'm curious about how it will run here as I'm at +4000 Ft. ASL. Anyone else rinding one of thise in Northern Utah?