Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Thats disgusting. Remarkable what you have done with it.
thanks....

Lol yeah it's sad but I understand why they did it. They couldn't sell it as a motorcycle in the US. So they made it a scooter instead...lol

Old 01-16-2017, 11:12 PM   #17

That's a 15" on the front in the most recent pics? I think it's well-proportioned.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-16-2017, 11:17 PM   #18

The ultimate sleeper

"Yeah it's (it was) a 50cc China Scooter/Moped/Pocket Bike"... all they see is your tail lights disappearing shortly after

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:22 AM   #19

Excellent work on the bike! Like the rest, cannot wait to see the final product...

Quote:
S2... could you link the original bike. What was the original engine displacement? Thanks
Taotao has gotten into the 'race' scooter game with a new bike. Actually, they sold one that looked like the Dongfang up to last year. This new one is not as fugly looking as the Dongfang bike, except, look at the rear wheel! YIKES!!!???

http://taotao.us/index.cfm/electric-vehicles/racer501/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Excellent work on the bike! Like the rest, cannot wait to see the final product...

Taotao has gotten into the 'race' scooter game with a new bike. Actually, they sold one that looked like the Dongfang up to last year. This new one is not as fugly looking as the Dongfang bike, except, look at the rear wheel! YIKES!!!???

http://taotao.us/index.cfm/electric-vehicles/racer501/
thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That's a 15" on the front in the most recent pics? I think it's well-proportioned.
thank you, yes it is I have some newer pics. I did a mock up of the belly pan extension. I'm gonna have to extend it for the underslung exhaust. It also helps me come to terms with the 15"s.
I figured I'll run 2 different setups. If I'm at a kart track that's smaller with tight turns. I'll put on the 14" wheels. If I'm go to a larger kart track. Where I can get the bike up to speed. Then I'll use the 15" wheels for more stability at higher speeds, even on full sized tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
The ultimate sleeper

"Yeah it's (it was) a 50cc China Scooter/Moped/Pocket Bike"... all they see is your tail lights disappearing shortly after
LOL it's funny you say this. Back where I use to live. When I want to test my modded 165cc bike. To see how it ran at top speed. I'd get on the local road and go for it. Sometimes car in front would try to leave me. I'd be stuck to there bumper like glue. If I had a car behind me trying to keep up. I'd leave them in a dust, the road had some great turns. I always had on slicks so I plus I never had to touch the brakes....LOL
By the time I'd reach the end of the 2 mile stretch. I would sit at the light waiting for them.... The look on the faces was priceless. I had the bike geared for short track so it got to 65mph reeeeeaaaaallllll fast. And I always felt it need another gear...lol

Old 01-17-2017, 02:09 PM   #21

I did a mock up of the belly pan extension design I might go with. It won't be final till I finish the plumbing for the underslung exhaust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0456.jpg (96.1 KB, 322 views)

Old 01-17-2017, 08:10 PM   #22

This is getting interesting, a Superbike out of a moped!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-20-2017, 02:01 AM   #23

Quote:
This is getting interesting, a Superbike out of a moped!
I hope so....lol If I don't get this thing to work on the race tracks. Then I wont be a happy camper at all....

Old 01-20-2017, 02:14 AM   #24

So I started the mock up for the upper front engine mount. Gonna try and finish the upper mount this weekend.

Also got in the cbr250r rear swinger. I was right it was lighter in weight than the kawi's. Problem is it doesn't fit right in place and I will have to modify it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0467.jpg (97.2 KB, 325 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0463.jpg (102.0 KB, 323 views)

Old 01-21-2017, 12:24 AM   #25

You have proven that there is some good looking bike under the stock fugly things! Thank you!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-27-2017, 03:01 PM   #26

wonder which swingarm would be stronger? i ask because back in 1977 i was on a 77 650 kz1 comming thru a wide sweeping curve at 125 and the swingarm wasnt strong enough and i got the dreaded back wheel wiggle... not fun at that speed..pucker factor 110% it quit by the time i got down to 100 but i decide not to try that again.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:24 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
You have proven that there is some good looking bike under the stock fugly things! Thank you!!
Thank you... I always like to share when I think I have something worth sharing. In hopes to give ideas and to get feedback also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
wonder which swingarm would be stronger? i ask because back in 1977 i was on a 77 650 kz1 comming thru a wide sweeping curve at 125 and the swingarm wasnt strong enough and i got the dreaded back wheel wiggle... not fun at that speed..pucker factor 110% it quit by the time i got down to 100 but i decide not to try that again.
Could come from low tire pressure in the rear tire also. Not that the tire pressure was noticeably low. But low enough for the tire to flex enough at that angle.
I do know the swingarms that I have selected will be strong enough. Since they were designed and built for much heavier/bigger bikes. With that said also presents a bit of a problem for me. Since I'm also concerned about weight.
So I decided to go with the xr250 rear swingarm. It's is the lightest of the 3. Plus it is just as strong so I'm happy about this.
I had the cbr250r swinger already to do some work to it. But I just couldn't because I felt the need to go with a lighter swingarm.
To some pics for visual....I will be cutting the xr250 swinger down some. Where the original axle goes through. Then make new slotted axle holes. The axle adjusters will slide inside the swingarm with end caps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0473.jpg (94.0 KB, 283 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0478.jpg (100.7 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0478_1.jpg (99.1 KB, 293 views)

Old 01-29-2017, 08:28 AM   #28

Almost forgot,this is the track I plan on going to when the bike is finished. Should be a lot of fun...lol

Old 01-29-2017, 09:11 AM   #29

You are building a real beast.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:49 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
You are building a real beast.
Thank you.. This is what I'm hoping it to do....
On that note, slight correction swingarm is from a yz250 not xr250. I had xr250 on the brain when I was searching..
Gonna use the cbr250r rear shock linkage... Got the rear wheel coming in soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0481.jpg (94.2 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0480.jpg (94.3 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0479.jpg (85.5 KB, 277 views)