Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2015, 02:31 PM   #1

Assembly and Shipping time

I've received an assembly date of this Friday for my RX3 which will ship early next week.

I wanted to assemble the bike at home but that seems to no longer be an option due to customers making errors in the assembly process. $195 for assembly is not unreasonable but I would have preferred to do that at home.

Any one else get to assembly yourself? What was the shipping time? (I'm NY state). I'm hopping it arrives before the end of the month so I can sneak in some miles before the snow begins.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:06 PM   #2

It should only take 2-3 days once it ships...
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 09-14-2015, 03:14 PM   #3

If it ships on Monday, you should get your RX3 the same week. It might take an extra day or so to reach upstate New York.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-14-2015, 04:46 PM   #4

Maybe it depends upon the carrier used, but...for me, California to Colorado took almost a week (arrived in Denver on Thursday), delivery person called on Friday to setup an appointment for Wednesday of the following week. So, it sat in Denver for close to another week.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzhere View Post
Maybe it depends upon the carrier used, but...for me, California to Colorado took almost a week (arrived in Denver on Thursday), delivery person called on Friday to setup an appointment for Wednesday of the following week. So, it sat in Denver for close to another week.
Egads!

My bike arrived in Idaho two days after it was shipped.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-14-2015, 09:59 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R View Post
I wanted to assemble the bike at home but that seems to no longer be an option due to customers making errors in the assembly process. $195 for assembly is not unreasonable but I would have preferred to do that at home.
When did this change take effect? I was looking forward to doing my own assembly. First to save some money, and secondly I trust my own work better than a strangers. On bikes that I have purchased new that were assembled by the dealer, I have always found mistakes in assembly or missing items. (Such as nuts, bolts, fasteners and parts that are difficult to mount)
Also since the assembled bike will be a bigger package requiring a bigger packing box, that must mean the shipping charge to my home will also be more expensive. So it's a lose/lose proposition. Bummer!
Oh well!

Old 09-14-2015, 10:46 PM   #7

On the other hand, if you buy accessories with the bike, CSC may install them for you. They mounted and balanced my off road tires and installed my 19" wheel, plus installed my accessory chargers at no additional charge.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 09-14-2015, 10:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pismocycleguy View Post
When did this change take effect? I was looking forward to doing my own assembly. First to save some money, and secondly I trust my own work better than a strangers. On bikes that I have purchased new that were assembled by the dealer, I have always found mistakes in assembly or missing items. (Such as nuts, bolts, fasteners and parts that are difficult to mount)
Also since the assembled bike will be a bigger package requiring a bigger packing box, that must mean the shipping charge to my home will also be more expensive. So it's a lose/lose proposition. Bummer!
Oh well!

I don't know exactly, I asked for mine without assembly and they stated they don't do it anymore.

The rx3 is a good price but for 4290 shipped (600 shipping and 195 assembly) without the buddy deal to NY its basically the price of the TU250x or CB300f. TU250 can be had at Romney cycle for 3725 otd and its a days drive from here. That's basically the same price I paid for the RX3 and its Japanese. Granted no luggage or crash bars but the TU250 is probably bulletproof.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
On the other hand, if you buy accessories with the bike, CSC may install them for you. They mounted and balanced my off road tires and installed my 19" wheel, plus installed my accessory chargers at no additional charge.
I'm going back and forth on the 19" wheel right now. I've got some USB plugs and aux lights on the way to install after it arrives.

I'm really curious how this bike will hold up vs Japanese.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:18 PM   #10

Quote:
I'm going back and forth on the 19" wheel right now. I've got some USB plugs and aux lights on the way to install after it arrives.

I'm really curious how this bike will hold up vs Japanese.
Dude, the 19" wheel is sweet. It completely corrects the odometer and mostly corrects the speedometer. And the bike still feels planted and ready to ride. Better off road too.

And I saw your post about the tu250x. It's a great bike. My wife has one and she loves it. The quality is superb and I admit maintenance and valve checks are easier with its air-cooled engine and naked bike design.

But it has a short suspension and will only do improved dirt roads, definitely not fire roads (the fork bottoms out way too easy).

Check out my full comparison of the TU and RX3 here.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 09-15-2015, 12:26 AM   #11

In Hilo on the big island of Hawaii, a new, leftover TU250 goes out the door for $5200. I think that is a 2013? The market here is tough!

Old 09-15-2015, 09:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
Dude, the 19" wheel is sweet. It completely corrects the odometer and mostly corrects the speedometer. And the bike still feels planted and ready to ride. Better off road too.

And I saw your post about the tu250x. It's a great bike. My wife has one and she loves it. The quality is superb and I admit maintenance and valve checks are easier with its air-cooled engine and naked bike design.

But it has a short suspension and will only do improved dirt roads, definitely not fire roads (the fork bottoms out way too easy).

Check out my full comparison of the TU and RX3 here.
I think you just convinced me. The tire selection is a *little* better as well. I've got the 19"/17" combo on the Guzzi as well.

I've hopped on a TU250 at a dealership and I'm just way to big for that bike. The suspension pretty much gave up with me sitting on it as well. I would need to springs/rear shocks immediately. It's a sweet deal for a small bike though and the quality was excellent. Romney cycle has probably the best prices in the country on anything they sell. They charge $75 dollars over the listed price on the website. Can't beat 9050 dollar Vstrom 1000's either.

We should start a mileage thread to keep track of how many miles we rack up on the RX3 and any maintenance issues. That way others can check it out and help decide if they want one. I'm sure once this bike logs @ 20k miles consistently without much issue lots of people will start looking to buy them.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:48 AM   #13

Quote:
We should start a mileage thread to keep track of how many miles we rack up on the RX3 and any maintenance issues. That way others can check it out and help decide if they want one. I'm sure once this bike logs @ 20k miles consistently without much issue lots of people will start looking to buy them.
At the rate he's going Spud will reach 20k with-in a year
I've got about 3K on mine so far
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 09-15-2015, 12:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
At the rate he's going Spud will reach 20k with-in a year
I've got about 3K on mine so far
I'm at 9,750 miles now, but the weather is turning colder as fall arrives. I don't ride in the winter. I don't enjoy the cold, and the roads are much too dangerous when the temperatures drop below freezing.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-15-2015, 01:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I'm at 9,750 miles now, but the weather is turning colder as fall arrives. I don't ride in the winter. I don't enjoy the cold, and the roads are much too dangerous when the temperatures drop below freezing.
I generally ride to work all winter, as long as the roads are clear, but don't do much "Pleasure Riding" thru the winter...but it doesn't get as cold and snowy here as it does where you are Spud (although we do get cold and snow)

Looks like you'll hit the 10,000 miles mark this week
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member