Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #1

x250 fuel mixture..

I just picked one up for cheap as a project. First thing I did was clean the carb completely out jets and all.. But as all baja owner know the manual doesn't really tell you anything but to take it to a certified mechanic... My problem is when I open the throttle really fast the bike will bog... When I took the fuel mixture screw out I forgot to count the turns (which wouldn't have help anyway because the bike die at idle without choke).. Can someone tell me how many turn out that fuel mixture screw suppose to be?....

I'm thinking I might be idling lean but with the screw being on the bottom of the dam carb and the exhaust burning your hand its hard to adjust it while it's running to find the highest rev..

Thank for the help..

Old 11-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #2

Welcome!

Start with 1.5 turns out and go from there. If no improvement, turn out by 1/4 turn increments until it's right.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #3

Okay.. so I finally figured out what the problem was.. its my float level.. no thanks to the baja manual.. because I was getting a overflow issue and was not in the mood to take the carb back out so I start it up anyway and it happen to run good.. no bog or anything. so I lowered the float bowl down and i think i pry the float by a hair and put it back in and and turn the mixture screw like you stated 1/4 turn at a time.. I'm right at 2 3/4 turn out and it run perfect... I'm thinking about upping the pilot jet up maybe by 1 or 2.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #4

Good idea. It sounds either too small or partially clogged.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #5

I just got a email back from Bajamotorsport. Just want to share the info...

The fuel mixture screw will need to be turned out 2 full turns, float height should be between 13.6-15.6 mm or .53-.61 inches.