Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2021, 07:50 PM   #46

That honestly sounds like a full service load of crappola to me ! What excuse has Manny used to say no to warranty and how it’s your fault and you messsed it up ?

Old 09-03-2021, 10:44 PM   #47

Sorry to hear about the misfortune, FunkyChina. We all tried to help with the best of our abilities as this forum was developed for this reason. I'm guessing that you dropped a valve, as this has happened quite frequently with this model. The "Jug" is the cylinder that the piston rides up and down in and the head is bolted to that. Happy trails...

One more thing, these pistons, jugs and heads are available on eBay and are pretty reasonable and fairly easy to replace...so...try not to get taken advantage of.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:35 PM   #48

I just bought a Hawk DLX 250 efi, put the bike together didn't get 6 miles on it, I was driving down the road and felt like it ran out of fuel shut off. Pullrd side cover off on the side of the battery, there was a blown 15 amp fuse, replaced it and blew again as soon as I hit the on switch. Took tank and checked every wire found nothing... Put another fuse in would not start but fuse didn't blow.. Pyt power and ground on fuel pump and it worked fine. Tested wires that plugged into fuel pump to find power on black wire with red tracer, other wire red with grey tracer was nothing, traced that red wire with grey tracer from fuel pump plug to ecm so ecm must ground pump when it calls for pressure.. And it's not doing it...

Old 06-07-2022, 10:34 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
And here we go again. Another victom. I will never buy a cheap EFI bike. Too many parts! Carbs are so easy, totally eliminating this plague. Give me a mechanical choke, and a simple fuel system!

Never happened to you? Aren't you LUCKY
EFI Lifan's all the way.

olds_cool63
=======
Johnny Pag Pagsta (replaced 50cc engine with 110cc, modded-out)
2007 Tank Vision Topline Khaos (cosmetic mods, cherry-bombs)
2005 Kymco Vitality 50 2T (70cc big bore kit, other race mods...tops out at 67mph)
2008 Hyosung GT250 (cosmetic mods)
2001 Suzuki Bandit GFS1200S (cosmetic and slight mods...150mph+)

Old 06-08-2022, 08:20 AM   #50

OK, so it was a tight valve and head failure in one case. That is too bad for the owner. But for small engines, I will always opt for a carburetor. While imperfect, they are easier to diagnose and fix.

If nothing else, this reminds us that those valves on new bikes need attention.

Old 08-10-2022, 03:28 PM   #51

[QUOTE=bogieboy;364405]I am with franque on this one... sounds like the valves are too tight once things got hot...[/QUOTE.

I was just fast ideling getting ready to ride it changed pitch there was back fire and the 2021 dlx 250 efi stopped drained oil smells burned has smal flakes of metal. If the engine got to hot could it blow a safety fuse that blow when engine gets hot or did valves get hot and now need alignment? Any one have any thoughts it only been riden twice 200 hours

Old 08-10-2022, 07:28 PM   #52

The original post was in 8/21 and the bike ended up with a mechanic for a month, it is now 8/22 and if it is still with that mechanic I would try something else. Anybody hear anything from that guy. Since I started on this forum there seemed to be quite a few problems with carbed Hawks and there seems to be almost as many with the EFI models so I would say the EFI's are not to blame but poorer quality control in the assembly of the bikes.