Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2012, 02:19 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
The TW200 speedometer cable also appears to be the same as the Zongshen speedometer cable. Who would have thunk?

However, I'm sure the throttle cables are different, since the Zong employs a single throttle cable, and the TW200 employs a dual throttle cable.

Spud
Spud, please tell me what size the speedometer end of the cable is. If it's 12mm (or roughly 1/2"), I'll be able to use a speedometer I found on eBay.
If my memory serves me correctly, the speedometer end of the cable is indeed, roughly 12mm long. Tomorrow I need to replace an extinguished headlight bulb, so I will try to remember to measure the end of the speedometer cable.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #17

I believe the 12mm spec is in reference to the width of the male thread on the speedometer that the cable attaches to.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I believe the 12mm spec is in reference to the width of the male thread on the speedometer that the cable attaches to.
OK. I will try to remember to measure the width of the male thread, and the length of the square portion of the cable extending from the male thread.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-26-2012, 02:22 AM   #19

Thank you Spud for beautiful pictures. This Ride Report is not only cool with pictures but has valuable information as well. Good to see Zong too after winter hibernation. That was some heavy mud.

Quote:
I can buy a Motion Pro, TW200/XT225 clutch cable from eBay for $13.99, delivered.
That's a good deal, are you certain that it will fit are you thinking of buying it?

Quote:
The TW200 speedometer cable also appears to be the same as the Zongshen speedometer cable. Who would have thunk? :wink:
Good to know.

Quote:
The Zongshen 200GY-2 is very well manufactured. My bike has never dropped bolts as has been reported with some other chinabikes. :wink:
I can attest to this. I only lost one bolt underneath my seat. It was missing the first time i removed my seat. So maybe they forgot to put it or was loose, but haven't bothered to replace it. Thanks Spud.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin
Thank you Spud for beautiful pictures. This Ride Report is not only cool with pictures but has valuable information as well. Good to see Zong too after winter hibernation. That was some heavy mud.

Quote:
I can buy a Motion Pro, TW200/XT225 clutch cable from eBay for $13.99, delivered.
That's a good deal, are you certain that it will fit are you thinking of buying it?...
You're welcome, Pliskin. I have not verified the TW200 clutch cable will fit my Zongshen 200GY-2.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #21

I have to say, I'm a little jealous of your beautiful country. Makes me want to load up our atvs and haul them up there to ride.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #22

The Northwest is amazing. 8)

Not a year-round riding proposition in some places though.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW
I have to say, I'm a little jealous of your beautiful country. Makes me want to load up our atvs and haul them up there to ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
The Northwest is amazing. 8)

Not a year-round riding proposition in some places though.
I realize I am blessed to live in such natural beauty. However, the riding season is much shorter here than many other places in the United States, Jim.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #24

Unless you love the heat you can't really ride year rounds here either. I find summer to be too hot to enjoy riding. Spring and fall are great.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #25

Interesting and true point.

I remember a hundred years ago when I lived in NJ the summers were poor riding weather. Too humid. Lots of bugs, and frequent rain.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #26

Winter can be okay here. Lots of nice days.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #27

I understand your short riding seasons. I'm a heat lover and the wife and, I will ride in 110 temps. Just got to keep hydrated. We usually strap a small ice chest on and fill it with ice and water bottles. I'll ride in the cold but 35 is my stopping point. The trips are usually kept less than 30mi when it gets that cold and, I normally break them into 15mi stops. Only when the roads are clear and no wind tho. I don't really like it but, I don't like the bikes sitting all winter long either. I'll get them out and ride them at least 30-60mi a week during the winter. Most of the time however, we'll have at least one day a week in the 40s or maybe 50s so that's when, I try to get them out.

Weld, I'm not sure what part of Canada you're in? I was in Winnipeg Man. back in the late 60s. I believe it was july. I'm not sure what the average summer temps are there, but if I remember it was in the mid 60s and seemed pretty cool to this southern boy. I knew, I'd never live there. Beautiful country tho.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #28

I've lived in many places. Everyplace is a tradeoff. The eastern Washington desert where I live now is a tradeoff. So is California, Alaska, Florida, BC, everywhere. A guy's just gotta do the best he can with what he's got. :wink:

Old 03-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #29

Absolutely doc!!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW
Weld, I'm not sure what part of Canada you're in? I was in Winnipeg Man. back in the late 60s. I believe it was july. I'm not sure what the average summer temps are there, but if I remember it was in the mid 60s and seemed pretty cool to this southern boy. I knew, I'd never live there. Beautiful country tho.
With apologies to our fine members from Manitoba, it gets hotter and colder there than anywhere. On top of that, the mosquitoes will carry the children away. Brutal.

I live in BC, which is the Western most Province in Canada. Visualize Seattle, and then imagine driving 120 miles North. That's where I live. The weather is remarkably mild in the winter (compared to the prairies or the mid West), but it rains a lot. The summers are nice and not usually uncomfortably hot. I'm very happy here.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer