Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2018, 11:15 PM   #1

My Taotao Hellcat

Hi folks, just thought I would share some photos of my Hellcat. I've had it since Dec. and it's been a fun project bike. So far I've replaced the swingarm pivot bolt, the rear axle, and the engine mounting bolts. These were all preemptive mods based on issues I've read about. I also installed an aftermarket performance exhaust, a Mikuni vm22 carb, and a Vagabond fender eliminator. I'm very happy with it,everything works and it's a blast to ride! Future upgrade include a set of dual sport tires, bar end mirrors,and i also want to do something with the front fender to give it a mini super moto look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hellcat1.jpg (97.0 KB, 1400 views)
File Type: jpg img_1520306191600.jpg (99.6 KB, 1286 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (98.3 KB, 1642 views)

Old 03-06-2018, 12:02 AM   #2

Where in California are you located? I recall you picking yours up in person, so I assume you are in So. Cal. Just moved back to Northridge, but my bikes are still in Yuma, AZ collecting dust and scorpions.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-06-2018, 12:03 AM   #3

Nice Bike! You guys with these Mini's are gonna make me get one! I'm glad you are happy with your Hellcat! They have a really good deal going on them right now too. If you could, please post up links to the uprgraded parts you bought. It will make the search easier for others.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Where in California are you located? I recall you picking yours up in person, so I assume you are in So. Cal. Just moved back to Northridge, but my bikes are still in Yuma, AZ collecting dust and scorpions.
I live in No. Orange county, picked mine up at powersportsmax in El monte. saved on some shipping costs and potential shipping damage.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Nice Bike! You guys with these Mini's are gonna make me get one! I'm glad you are happy with your Hellcat! They have a really good deal going on them right now too. If you could, please post up links to the uprgraded parts you bought. It will make the search easier for others.
The swingarm bolt and the rear axle are Honda Grom parts, they are actually the same part and available from Honda dealers. I think I got mine from cheapcycleparts.com. They were only like 8 bucks apiece. The engine bolts were actually taped to the side of the crate my bike came in, I'm not sure if the dealer put them there or the manufacture. The carb i stole off one of my CT70's that I installed Piranha 125cc engine on, it came with the engine. The exhaust is from ebay, shipped from Thailand. https://www.ebay.com/itm/YOSHIMURA-R...tZVJ05&vxp=mtr
Made for a 2015 Grom, it didnt fit so I cut it and slipped it over the stock header pipe, actually worked out pretty good. I bought the fender eliminator kit on amazon, Vagabond fender eliminator for a 2015 Grom, bolted right on. Just had to replace the 6mm bolts with 8mm bolts. There are some vids on youtube on how to do a DYI, I wasnt really impressed with them so I shelled out 70 bucks for it, I think it was money well spent. Nice clean look and was able to use all the stock lights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GOPR2113.jpg (91.5 KB, 1276 views)