Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2018, 12:18 AM   #1

Project Hellcat Monkey has begun!

I decided to start a project to modify my Hellcat to make it look something like the New Honda Monkey 125/Honda Ape. My main objective is to do away with all the plastic fairing parts and obtain a nice clean look. The first thing I wanted to do was to find a fuel tank that would work with the theme, so I ordered a replica of a Z50 fuel tank from ebay. The fuel tank is a nice fit and will be easy to mount and it matches pretty good with the contour of the seat. I also removed the front fender and mocked up a high mount fender off one of my CT70's, just to get an idea of how it will look. My main objective today was to mock up the fuel tank and to figure out if this is doable, and I decided that it is totally doable. I also want to do away with the Hellcat head light and install a more retro looking round LED headlight, and I'll have to fabricate some side covers to hide all the electronics, coil,relays ect. I'll need to move some things around and reroute some things to give it a nice clean look. Today was just a start, I'll keep you posted on my progress as I go along for anyone that might be interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hondamonkey.jpg (92.3 KB, 197 views)

Old 08-05-2018, 02:27 AM   #2

I like your thinking and ambition. Should be a neat little project. Definitely following this one.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 08-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #3

Sweet! I will be following this as i would like to do similar mods. Mainly a retro headlight and tank. I was thinking of removing the front fender altogether.
If it helps i know that dodge rider guy did a high front fender on a grom.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:37 PM   #4

Hellcat Deflowered

My project is coming along pretty well. I got the the tank painted and mounted,i cut the fairings to make a side cover and plasti-diped the plastic black. I bought a fender for a Honda Z50 and fabricated a mounting bracket for it. I think it looks pretty friggin cool. I think I accomplished that dual sport look I was going for. Still some work to do.

Below is a before and after picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (98.3 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg hellcatdeflowered (1) - Edited.jpg (99.3 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by Hellkitty; 08-21-2018 at 01:27 AM.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:45 PM   #5

I would trade my storm for a hell cat in a heartbeat!!! Looks great, can't wait to see this in the end!

Old 08-19-2018, 12:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitty View Post
My project is coming along pretty well. I got the the tank painted and mounted,i cut the fairings to make a side cover and plasti-diped the plastic black. I bought a fender for a Honda Z50 and fabricated a mounting bracket for it. I think it looks pretty friggin cool. I think I accomplished that dual sport look I was going for. Still some work to do.

Below is a before and after picture.
Looking good man, wonder if an ape seat would fit? YEA!!!! no more blue.