Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #1

Head Scratching Contemplating on buying a Bashan (new rider)

Introduction
Hello,

First off, let me sorta introduce myself. My name is Zach, I'm from Tennessee. I'm new to the whole motorcycling thing. I have a little bit of experience riding, but not a whole lot.

Recently, I've been looking at the Bashan 250cc enduro bikes on various websites. After doing research and looking at reviews, it seems like SuperiorPowerSports is probably the best place to order one. They offer the Bashan 41H, Brozz, Shark and Storm.

I'm around 5'8"-5'9" and weigh about 145 lbs. I was considering something similar to a Yamaha TW200 at first, due to my short height. While I realize a brand such as a Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, etc would probably be more reliable, the Bashan bikes are more affordable for my situation and I'm hoping after purchasing one that it is not too big and is able to do what I'm planning on doing with it.

I have a few questions that I've not been able to find so far with my research that hopefully some Bashan owners can give me the answers to.

My Current Situation
Currently, I live around 30 miles from my workplace. If I were to buy a motorcycle, I would most likely drive it to work anywhere from 3-5 days per week (assuming the weather is nice). My drive consists of a mixture between 55 MPH and 45 MPH highways of which aren't too populated and are curvy. Yeah, I live in the middle of nowhere.

So, with this in mind, I would need a bike that can withstand constant speeds of somewhere around 55-60 MPH at times and that can withstand, let's say, a 45-minute drive without overheating.

My Offroad Plans
Also, if I were to buy a motorcycle, I would want to take it offroading. I work at a marina on Dale Hollow Lake. So, after work, there are many trails around the area I'd like to experiment with. However, I'm not sure if the Bashan bikes would have enough power to handle the types of areas I would like to take them.

It is hard to explain by text the roads and trails around the area, but I'm going to try my best. The backroads and trails around the lake consist of big rocks in some places, muddy areas in covered spots (especially after rain), and somewhat steep slopes in many areas. For the most part, the steep slopes I'm talking about aren't like straight up-and-down. Let's just say, for example, a 30 to 50 degree slope, which may consist of mud/rocks/gravel/dirt.

Maybe if I post a few pictures of the lake area, one can see the general idea of the offroading requirements. (After Googling, I didn't really find photos that give a general visual of the trails. Hopefully the ones I did find will give a slight idea.)

Other Information
While the offroad performance and speed/distance requirements are a big deal, I have a few other things I'm curious about as well. I've read quite a few posts on ChinaRiders. It seems that after buying a bike such as one of the Bashan motorcycles I'm interested in, I would have to put Loctite on all the bolts and change all the fluids out, as well as possibly replacing a few parts. This isn't a huge deal. But when it comes to parts, are the ones on the Bashan bikes similar to the ones on the Hawk 250s? They look almost identical and I saw posts regarding Hawk replacement parts. So, I was wondering if the Hawk replacement parts I saw in the posts would fit the Bashan bikes also.

There are only a few videos on YouTube of the Bashan bikes like the Enforcer, Storm and Brozz. However, there are quite a few reviewing the Hawk. (and Hawk 2, Hawk 3, Hawk infinity.) There are so many of these that it seems like no one knows what kind of bike it actually is. But I've been going by the Hawk video reviews, assuming after what I've read that the Bashans are a little more reliable?

Currently, I've got my mind set on the Bashan 41H (which I believe is the Enforcer, possibly the exact setup as the Hawk?) I've been looking at this one: http://www.superiorpowersports.com/2...n250db-41h.htm

I like the fact that it has disk brakes all around, although it isn't a huge deal. Also, based on the specs from this website, it has a slightly shorter overall height than the Bashan Storm, which would probably be my second or third option. I like the Brozz as well. I really like the cluster and gas gauge options on the Enforcer and Brozz compared to the Bashan Storm, which doesn't seem to have a gas gauge and has a less-appealing speedometer. They all seem to have the same single-cyl 4-stroke air-cooled engines. Throughout the various websites I've seen them on, the specs are all different. So who knows which ones are the most accurate.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading and I hope that I can get some feedback from some experienced owners.

If I were to buy one of these bikes, I would definitely make a big review about it, as well as a video showing what it can do on and off the road.

Which bike would you recommend? And what are your experiences?

Last edited by TheZachLee; 04-23-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Tags
bashan, bashan enforcer, bashan storm 250, hawk 250, new rider