Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2016, 04:24 PM   #1

Suggestions for new RX3 accessories

CSC already has an awesome accessory catalog for the RX3. But of course, we always want more. Here are some accessories I wish available for the RX3.
  • Adjustable side stand (to accommodate both lowered and tall RX3s)
  • Fork travel upgrade kit (with progressive springs)
  • Wraparound aluminum handguards (like barkbusters)
  • Aftermarket front brake rotor (stock size)
  • Folding brake and clutch levers with adjustable reach
  • Alloy spoked wheels (17" rear, 19" front)
  • Tubeless wheels (I would consider these, but would probably go with a strong spoked wheel instead)

What accessories/options would you like to see?

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Last edited by detours; 09-07-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:22 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
CSC already has an awesome accessory catalog for the RX3. But of course, we always want more. Here are some accessories I wish available for the RX3.
  • Adjustable side stand (to accommodate both lowered and tall RX3s)
  • Fork travel upgrade kit (with progressive springs)
  • Wraparound aluminum handguards (like barkbusters)
  • Aftermarket front brake rotor (stock size)
  • Folding brake and clutch levers with adjustable reach
  • Alloy spoked wheels (17" rear, 19" front)
  • Tubeless wheels (I would consider these, but would probably go with a strong spoked wheel instead)

What accessories/options would you like to see?
I agree 100% with your whole list. Perhaps with time we will see some of these things become available. Right some of your list is available, but you are having to visit a million sites, or search through a million threads to see what Zongshen owners have been using off of KTM or Honda bikes. This gets exhausting, because there is so much information. A one stop shop is more ideal.

To add to your list:
- A good touring windscreen that isn't tinted. I find them to be unsafe, if I happen to be commuting home. So, a clear shield would be more ideal.
- Quick release system for the side cases, maybe I want to go naked or use soft luggage. It's a pain in the ass to keep removing screws.
- An aftermarket air filter like K&N. Also, a real pain to remove. I had to actually no re-install a screw because there was no way to get to it and once off, I was not going to deal with that again .
- There is a big bore kit you can order off of some Chinese Amazon type of website. It would be more ideal to have that available. I personally plan on adding that to the bike after the warranty expires. Then the bike will be closer to a 300cc.

As of right now, those are the things I would like to see.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 09-14-2016, 12:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
I agree 100% with your whole list. Perhaps with time we will see some of these things become available. Right some of your list is available, but you are having to visit a million sites, or search through a million threads to see what Zongshen owners have been using off of KTM or Honda bikes. This gets exhausting, because there is so much information. A one stop shop is more ideal.

To add to your list:
- A good touring windscreen that isn't tinted. I find them to be unsafe, if I happen to be commuting home. So, a clear shield would be more ideal.
- Quick release system for the side cases, maybe I want to go naked or use soft luggage. It's a pain in the ass to keep removing screws.
- An aftermarket air filter like K&N. Also, a real pain to remove. I had to actually no re-install a screw because there was no way to get to it and once off, I was not going to deal with that again .
- There is a big bore kit you can order off of some Chinese Amazon type of website. It would be more ideal to have that available. I personally plan on adding that to the bike after the warranty expires. Then the bike will be closer to a 300cc.

As of right now, those are the things I would like to see.
300cc! , snap...go on girl
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-14-2016, 12:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
The windscreen from Thailand is available in clear; you just have to ask for it that way.
I had one but sold it because it was made with ordinary acrylic - which can shatter. To be DOT approved it must be made of modified acrylic or polycarbonate.

Old 10-19-2016, 04:15 AM   #5

I have been asking for stiffer, aftermarket fork springs since I first received my RX3. A fork upgrade kit with increased travel would be even better.

A better front brake rotor is available from Taobao, but I might have found an aftermarket alternative which is available in the United States. I just need to verify the diameter of the circle which contains the bolt holes.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-19-2016, 05:12 PM   #6

my suggestion would be for every one to have taters tonight welcome back spud you were missed

Old 10-19-2016, 06:45 PM   #7

Thank you, Willy.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-21-2016, 08:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I have been asking for stiffer, aftermarket fork springs since I first received my RX3. A fork upgrade kit with increased travel would be even better.

A better front brake rotor is available from Taobao, but I might have found an aftermarket alternative which is available in the United States. I just need to verify the diameter of the circle which contains the bolt holes.
That would be awesome! I emailed EBC about a replacement rotor and have them the dimensions of the stock one, but they never answered.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol