Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2016, 10:44 PM   #1

NKG spark plugs are the gold standard for on and off road. I ride a jap dirt bike but I can tell you whether the Apolo is new or used...give it and your self a chance to get used to each other. Jumping the gun on upgrades is not only expensive but some times not nessecary. Take it easy and don't bend it up right off the bat!

Old 10-27-2016, 11:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct842 View Post
NKG spark plugs are the gold standard for on and off road. I ride a jap dirt bike but I can tell you whether the Apolo is new or used...give it and your self a chance to get used to each other. Jumping the gun on upgrades is not only expensive but some times not nessecary. Take it easy and don't bend it up right off the bat!
Yeah that sounds like a good idea. It's just I'm not use to have a dirt bike that's actually reliable, I have the mentality that it'll break down any second. I'll continue to post about my experiences with it if I do go riding this weekend. Thanks for all the feedback(: I guess I'm kinda jumping the gun on this one.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:17 AM   #3

Welcome! First thing is to start the bike, warm it up for a few minutes (thins out the oil) turn it off, and drain the shipping oil and put fresh oil (15w-40 Rotella) in the bike. No matter how tempting it is, DO NOT RIDE IT with the oil that comes with the bike. After about 50 miles, drain that oil out and out a fresh quart in. Ride for a couple hundred more miles, and drain that oil and put fresh oil in there, and you should be good for regular intervals. Check each oil change and make sure there are metal shavings in the drained oil. By the third change, you should have very few shavings.

As far as modifications, as ben2go mentioned, don't worry about them just yet. The bike should be fast enough for now. A change to the appropriate NGK or another name brand spark plug couldn't hurt as was mentioned.

Here is but one thread out of several discussing the Apollo if you look below at the dirt bike section:

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17671

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-28-2016, 07:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Welcome! First thing is to start the bike, warm it up for a few minutes (thins out the oil) turn it off, and drain the shipping oil and put fresh oil (15w-40 Rotella) in the bike. No matter how tempting it is, DO NOT RIDE IT with the oil that comes with the bike. After about 50 miles, drain that oil out and out a fresh quart in. Ride for a couple hundred more miles, and drain that oil and put fresh oil in there, and you should be good for regular intervals. Check each oil change and make sure there are metal shavings in the drained oil. By the third change, you should have very few shavings.

As far as modifications, as ben2go mentioned, don't worry about them just yet. The bike should be fast enough for now. A change to the appropriate NGK or another name brand spark plug couldn't hurt as was mentioned.

Here is but one thread out of several discussing the Apollo if you look below at the dirt bike section:

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17671
Thank you for all the help! I'll be sure to do that once I get the bike for sure. Do you know the reliability of the chain? Or will it be good for a ride or two until I get it swapped.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:00 PM   #5

The chain should be fine for a while.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard