Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #1

110 Hummer ATV

Any suggestions on cleaning the CARB of the 110 Hummer. would like to give this a shot myself...what is the best way to go about it?

also, anyone have battery issues? seems we have to charge ours after a couple of days...

Dave

Old 04-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #2

Re: 110 Hummer ATV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kperdave
Any suggestions on cleaning the CARB of the 110 Hummer. would like to give this a shot myself...what is the best way to go about it?

also, anyone have battery issues? seems we have to charge ours after a couple of days...

Dave
The little batteries don't seem to hold a charge very well. You can replace them with better models found at some Wal-Marts. Just take measurements and head down there to match it up. If you want to live with the charging, it should last you for a while without spending more money. If you're running the lights while using the machine, this will make it worse. I don't think the 'charging system' has enough power to run the lights and keep the charge in the battery. I think the lights should only be used if you NEED them. (Dark out)

As for the carb, they are fairly simple. Bit small to work with which is about the biggest PIA about them. You can remove it and take it apart and blow air and carb cleaner (if you want) through the passages. Just make sure you dry off the cleaning solution well before reassembly. There are many forum posts here about carbs and I'm sure if you do a search you'll see pictures of them apart for a guide.

Enjoy the machine!

Old 04-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #3

About that battery...

I cut the bottom of the additional battery cage under the rear left wheel fender in two places on the bottom. I bent it straight, then bent it again at 90 degrees to make a bigger area for a new battery.
I replaced the short retainer plate bolts with longer ones. The nuts are the nylon locker nuts.

Starts much better now. But I also use the booster pack for cold starts and usually prop it up on a 1 gal paint can to let the back wheels turn freely on start up until it gets hot. After that, it starts fine if I stall it or something.

This little Hummer is loads of fun for my 5yr old and me. We ride tandem with him in front.

...and yes, we broke off the chain guard already.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!