Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #1

110 gio mini oil?

i have a 110cc gio mini quad and i am wondering where the oil should be on the dipstick and what type of oil to use?

Old 03-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #2

Depending on the temperature, under 50 degrees 10w40, over 50 degrees 20w50.

The dipstick measurement depends where it is located on the right side of the engine case.

Lower right side case rear, fill oil just about 1 quart, put the dipstick in it's hole {Do not screw in} and remove. Top off the oil, it should be to the top of the hash marks on the stick.

Top right side case rear, fill oil just about 1 quart, Screw in the dipstick. Top off the oil, it should be to the top of the hash marks on the stick. Top off the oil, it should be to the top of the hash marks on the stick.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 03-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #3

X2 on everything Bruce says, and make sure that the oil is not the energy conserving type.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #4

oil capacity

the amount of oil for a 110 cc atv is...0.8 litre... you should always never over fill it.. with the dipstick un screwed .. resting on th e engine filler hole... check the level... it should be JUST UNDER the full line or the marked area... over filling is worse than under filled... it will throw out the acess oil into the motor or out the vent tube.... there is a large choice of oil... BUT NEVER synthetic oil for wet clutches...the best range is the 15 -40 SE grade,,,, or SF...SC... FOR WINTER RUNNING a 10W or 5 w -20W .. in SASKATCHEWAN it has been -20-40 oC for most of the winter,,, in BC,.. much nicer.. so you could use the heavier oil... if you do not have a owners manual .. let me know and I think I have some to email you ..

Old 03-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #5

egh 10w40 4stroke wet clutch oil for me in texas during the summer when i ride, as for the amount.. i just make sure i am parked on level ground and i add the first 3/4 of the oil with out thinking, then the rest i add slowly and allow for the oil to all run down into the oil pan so to speak. i fill it up to the high mark on the sight glass and then i check the dip stick and it usually needs another 3 to 4 second pour. which puts the oil level at the very tip top covering the whole sight glass.

as w&g said the energy saving stuff is no good, when you go to a autozone or where ever that sells car oil and gear lube will have what you need and that is 4 stroke wet clutch oil. it is always good to not skimp on the quality of oil. i run mobile 1 motorcycle oil which is 4 stroke wet clutch oil.