Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2016, 09:55 AM   #1

Anyone buy from extreme-scooters.com

I was curious if anyone had purchased anything from extreme-scooters.com. I was looking to get a grom clone as a camp bike that wouldn't take up much space. They have the Denali 125fx (clutch less 4 speed) pit bike that looks like a step up in quality from the Vader 125, Cazador 125, and Ice Bear Fuerza. The 125fx is sold in other markets as the Zongshen Rapido. Any insight into the reputability of this vender would be appreciated. Online searches for reviews are less than stellar, but that seems to be the standard for online motorcycle sellers.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:24 AM   #2

Never heard of them. Check here. http://www.apscusa.com/New-Thunder-1...ing_p_705.html I had a good experience dealing with these people.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-22-2016, 11:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAcid View Post
I was curious if anyone had purchased anything from extreme-scooters.com. I was looking to get a grom clone as a camp bike that wouldn't take up much space. They have the Denali 125fx (clutch less 4 speed) pit bike that looks like a step up in quality from the Vader 125, Cazador 125, and Ice Bear Fuerza. The 125fx is sold in other markets as the Zongshen Rapido. Any insight into the reputability of this vender would be appreciated. Online searches for reviews are less than stellar, but that seems to be the standard for online motorcycle sellers.
Dont buy from these guys. If you have any problems you are on your own. Like
superiorpowersports.com there so called warranty is worthless.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:58 AM   #4

I bought a RPS Hawk from TXpowersports.com and a scooter for a friend at apscusa.com and had good experiences from both venders. I spoke with the people at apscusa and they are very decent to work with. The Thunder 125 is the same bike as the Boom Vader 125 that Maxipadmoto has and it is being sold for a pretty good price. I don't really care for the fact that the Thunder/Boom doesn't have quality plastics and sounds like the suspension is a bit subpart. I thought that the Denali 125fx is a little more of a enduro setup and with some 50/50 maxxis tires on it it could be a little more capable and durable with the Zongshen rebrand.

I appreciate the input.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:59 PM   #5

Can't help you on vendors, but the distributor for the Denali is Sunright. They should be able to steer you towards a dealer besides these guys.

http://www.sunright.net/linhai-scooters

The odd thing about it, is the photos of the bike in other colors appear to show the Vader, while the main photo looks like the TMEC bike. It looks just like the Zongshen bike, which I feel is a bonus, and I know that TMEC makes decent bikes. This is the clone I am looking into at least until American Lifan brings their mini 150 to the US.

http://www.tmecpower.com/index.php?m...catid=15&id=18

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-23-2016, 01:29 PM   #6

OK, curious if Sunright had these back in the country, so I just called. The guy from Sunright directed me to APSCUSA as to order from mail-order. He said there is another mail-order company out of California who I should have pushed for getting the name, but apparently APSCUSA was recommended, although I did not see the bikes on their site. I only see the mini that looks like a Vader (but they also show the Vader-looking bikes on the Sunright site next to the Zongshen-looking one) Confused? I guess try calling APSCUSA?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-23-2016, 03:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
OK, curious if Sunright had these back in the country, so I just called. The guy from Sunright directed me to APSCUSA as to order from mail-order. He said there is another mail-order company out of California who I should have pushed for getting the name, but apparently APSCUSA was recommended, although I did not see the bikes on their site. I only see the mini that looks like a Vader (but they also show the Vader-looking bikes on the Sunright site next to the Zongshen-looking one) Confused? I guess try calling APSCUSA?
APSCUSA has the Cazador Thunder http://www.apscusa.com/New-Thunder-1...ing_p_705.html From Cazador's web site http://www.ahamotorsports.com/street.html
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-23-2016, 04:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
If that bike could be purchased through apscusa it would make me alot more comfortable. A quick search for reviews on extreme-scooters does not inspire much confidence. Last I spoke with apscusa last month I was asking about the Lifan 100 pony. I thought horseshoeing a hawk 250 engine in there would make it a competent little bike. They aren't likely to get many more from what I was told. They also said that they were expecting on getting a "grom clone" with 14" wheels and a 150cc engine at the beginning of this month, nothing thus far.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:21 PM   #9

I called APSCUSA, and the sales guy, Greg, told me they are updating their site and should show the TMEC Denali 125fx on their new site on Friday. Hopefully, it looks like the Zongshen Rapido, not the Cazador or the Vader!

My friend Alan who is the manager at Excalibur Motorsports knows the head guy at American Lifan, and Alan told me a few months ago that that the Pony will no longer be imported. I find that sad because it is one of the only bikes that was more in the spirit of the CT-70 than all the CT-70 clones--the original CT-70 was trail oriented, while the clones were more street oriented.

The 150cc mini could possibly be the KPRMini 150 from Lifan, which utilizes a vertical 150cc engine vs. the Grom and all its clones' horizontal 125cc engines. It would technically be freeway legal in California if the bike is CARB certified since their minimum engine size for a motorcycle is 150cc. The wheels are not listed as 14", however.

http://americanlifan.com/kp-mini/

Unfortunately, it won't have dual sport tires like its younger brother, the Pony 100. I do think Lifan should take this approach with the bike as far as promoting it: http://americanlifan.com/?s=mini+track+day Either take it on a US tour, or promote a low-cost racing series

TGB Delivery Scooter 150