Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2020, 01:31 PM   #1

Live Oil Change Brozz 250

Hey, what's up guys, just showing my oil change becuase I personally had a hard time finding a video of someone doing it, as simple as it is. I normally would do a short edited video but I really was just looking to talk about the bike itself, so sorry for the long format but I hope this helps someone.

I went with Mobile One 10-40

Old 11-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #2

Good subject matter as it is taken for granted 'everyone knows how to do this' but some people are new to dual-sports. Not to mention, these need changing more often than other bikes. Heck, these engines can take quite a lot of abuse, but for insurance, it is best to change the oil every 600 to 1000 miles. I had a TMEC 200 dual-sport (still have the carcass) and that bike recommended 1 liter of oil (vs. the more common 1 quart) and I actually found 1 liter 4 stroke motor oil at O'Reilly's (in AZ, not sure what the store is in other parts of the country) that I don't recall the make--maybe Mobil? I changed mine once a month since I only really used the bike to commute daily, and put on around 600 to 700 miles a month. It might have been overkill (time between changes and brand of oil=$ vs. Rotella), but I got 2 yrs out of the bike which was about 20 months post accident that had wrecked a bit of stuff on the bike and eventually led to stuff falling off and not usable. I liked to continue using it as a kind of experiment to see how many miles I could get out of a wrecked bike (I got about 10,000 miles post-accident ) I could have asked for a new bike from insurance, but that is another story for another time.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-24-2020, 02:22 PM   #3

Once i do the 500mi change, i plan to do at the 1k mark and then every 1000 miles afterwards with Shell Rotella T4 15w40.. should do the job and protect the engine as expected.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 01-14-2021, 01:33 AM   #4

Decent video but some editing would be good it's way too long for a 5 minute oil change.

Tags
250, brozz, change, oil