Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2024, 10:44 AM   #30

Hey y'all brand new here but long-time motocross racer/motorcycle rider. I've been taking bikes apart and putting them back together my whole life.

I bought one of these to play around with and I just want to chime in with my 2 cents on a few things especially the fork fluid. I am 6'1 and 185 pounds, I set the sag on the rear suspension was straight forward and exactly like any jap bike I have ever ridden. I can go into further detail with y'all on that if any of you would want me to.

As far as the fork fluid goes, I have found out 300ml in each fork works perfect for me and will not bottom out at all. I used STP AW-32 hydraulic fluid (from the research I did there was not much difference between it and 15w fork fluid). I like my front forks on the stiffer side, I was very impressed with how it handles once I got the suspension set how I wanted. It reminds me of an early 2000s KTM bike with how it handles.

I am running Valvoline's 15w-40 4 stroke oil.

When I assembled the bike I removed every bolt (except for the bolts for the seat since i clean the air filter every single time I ride) and applied a little orange loctite to said bolts.

Tire pressure- I have found 24psi in the rear and 18psi in the front works well for me as well.

I am right over 50 miles so I am going to do a valve adjustment and another oil/filter change one night this week.

Things I will be covering as I get to it is a carb swap, exhaust upgrade and sprocket changes for more top end.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys in here!