Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2021, 09:33 PM   #16

Me too

Old 02-14-2022, 11:32 AM   #17

Jerry, thank you for being the wealth of information that you are.

Here is my 8 month (900 miles) Venom Ghost review to correlate with Jerry's (hope you don't mind) - Do everything the man suggests! The rear sprocket upgrade, spark plugs, oil changez, etc is a must. I haven't had time to do the oil cooler and cat delete nor rejets but will try as I have time. I weigh 175lbs and have a hard time sustaining 65 miles per hour. I purchased the Nibbi carb and air intake but just haven't been motivated to install. I will try the cat delete first to see if it will help...

The led light housing - I don't think it's a one off issue and just poor design or rushed. I had to weld both side panels of the light housing. Venom did offer to pay for it but I could not find anyone local to even respond to the welding job so I learned how to weld and bought the tools to do so for about ~150$

My gas gauge was also broken and Venom did not have the spare part in stock and it was a few months after I filed for replacement. Here is the part for anyone needing a replacement fuel gauge for ~$15 (uxcell Motorcycle Fuel Tank Level Float) on Amazon. I swapped it in and it was plug and play.

I'm riding a 1200cc Harley 48 now and looking to sell my Ghost just because my options are better and I am using my spare time to ride vs fix the Ghost. It was a good beginner bike and still perfect for someone who doesn't want to go on the big interstates. I think I put in about 3600$ total (cost to buy, register, tags, title,tools, parts, upgrades) to own this bike for anyone looking to see if you can own these types of bikes.

Venom customer service was great but their hands are mostly tied due to lack of parts.