Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2022, 09:19 AM   #31

Apparently the frame problem was supposed to be fixed, but I see a lot of videos taken not too long ago. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/hE5WL1N1Kew

Old 03-17-2022, 02:21 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
Take that video with a grain of salt, as the Himma has dual sport tires on it and the RX4 is sporting street tires.

Charles.

Agreed, watch that video and notice (1) what they do to the bikes, it's brutal (2) what they say at the end, nothing broke, to their admitted amazement.
I was deliberating between an RX3 or RX4. I would miss the centerstand of the RX3 and the lighter weight, but I wouldn't be traveling at 8000rpm on pavement.

Ironically, it was After watching that video that led me to ordering a new 2021 RX4!

I reasoned since most of my riding is on pavement, and my "offroad" will be forest service roads or occasional gravel or dirt, the RX4 will last a long time. They beat the hell out of both of those bikes, in comparison to what I'll do with the bike!

Plus, the 21 has some updates including revised ecu programming, the tubeless spoked rims, dash etc.

I'm still in breakin period, 330 miles or so, have had her on gravel and dirt and 95% pavement. Only change from stock is the NGK spark plug that CSC sells.
My bike runs Great. It is surprising that a 450 is so much fun.

I notice none of the grabby clutch nor fueling issues described in that video, but they are running a 2020, mine is 2021.

Bottom line, with a spark plug change, the RX4 out of the box, is a very versatile scooter. I smile when I ride it. I smile when I think about riding it.
I'd buy it again.

Old 04-03-2022, 02:40 AM   #33

I own an RX4 and a TT250.... the RX4 is ok for dirt roads but any real single track riding it is just too heavy ! and what no one else has mentioned ...it will beat you to death !
the rear suspension is so hard it is not even funny i have no idea what they were thinking but a 30 minute ride the way they sent it to me wore me out and I felt like I had been through a military blanket party ! LOL....
i have done some work on it and it's better now but only a little , I am trying to get a new rear spring for it so I can have a softer ride.... i've let out some air in both tires and that helps and I opened up the shock stiffness to the softest ride possable and that has yet to be tested .... they were as hard as they could possably be.... why? I have no idea !!!!
the TT250 is too tall..... it needs to be lowered for me to ride it even with the low seat
it's tall wheels ( in the rear) makes the bike want to fall over in slow turns..... but it could be I am just not used to it yet.....
the power is quite modest to say the least but it does go and it rides fairly good
it will reach 60mph but sense it is new I didn't want to push it too hard i've got just 112 miles on it.... and the battery died completely dead so I pulled it out and there was no water in the battery at all.... it's on the charger now....
the RX4 is a beautiful bike but it is very heavy... it rides like a truck though.
and it has the power to do the dirt but with that weight you would be fighting the front digging in all the time....
the TT250 is fine I would say it is not outstanding because the power is quite low..maybe after it is broke in it will be better but I put the jet kit in it and there is only a very small change for the better...... it needs a bigger carburator and a smaller rear tire and knobbies as those tires suck in the dirt ( especially at 32 p.s.i !)
the tt250 is a putter, not a racer.... and it will get you there....just don't be in a hurry
Bob......