Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2021, 11:10 AM   #1

2021 RX4 running temp

I'm just getting acquainted with the TFT screen on my RX4. The amount of information shown is quite daunting at first. Yesterday I did a 80 mile ride at about 70F outside temp. Along the way I noticed that the temp gauge was almost pegged at the top of the range. The screen also shows the digital engine temp, which was in the 89-92C range. I'm wondering what others are seeing for their normal operating temp. When I look closely I see that my gauge has a red line near the top and my temp is just below that mark. What are you seeing as normal...on the TFT screen, not the older one?

Old 01-01-2022, 10:09 AM   #2

It’s normal . Normally I see those same temperature in my 2021 RX4.

Old 04-01-2022, 09:36 AM   #3

I see the exact same thing on my 2021 RX4 Joey at CSC did say the gauge is a bit generous.....
I was very concerned but started the bike and let it come up to operating temperature.... and that was about 2 bars then I held the RPM at 3 ~ 4K and watched the temp climb to 4 bars and I was watching the celsius reading very closely and it got to 91c then cooled to 87c then 91c then 85c etc,etc. so it is regulating it's temperature fine even though the gauge says it's hot....
(it's not Hot)
....so it is safe to say all RX4's are like that , the temp gauge goes up 4 bars but not into the 5th bar....... they definitely should fix that because you do not know if it's hot till all bars are full !
I have begun to watch the celsius readout and do not trust the gauge now !
I run the dash with the tack bar across the top but when I dims down because of bright sunlight it is very hard to see I put 60 miles on it without being able to see the temp gauge ! I only saw it the last ride because of shadows across the road.... it alarmed me so much I turned around and went home..... I did a bunch of checking and there is nothing wrong with the bike ....it has just 77 miles on it....
I will make a flat land run and watch the temp closely next.
Bob.....