Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2016, 12:37 PM   #1

Need help identifying a quad

I picked up a "well used" quad for $60 from a neighbor kid looking to upgrade to another bike but he didn't really know what make or model it was or anything about it other than it was a 200cc engine.

There's no title, the plastics are almost non existent, there's no decals or idenifying marks, no serial or VIN #'s. I found some pics online and I think it's a Kazuma Falcon maybe...that's the closest one I can find anyay. I'm looking for some parts for it and without knowing what i'm buying for i'm having a hard time finding what i'm looking for. Anyone know how to identify these things and a good place to find parts?

I need a swingarm, a chain and plastics to get it looking good and riding again, other than that it seems to run well... the kid was riding it 2 or 3 weeks ago until he lost the master link out of the chain.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:12 PM   #2

Pics? A 200cc would most likely be listed as a 163FML on the engine. Probably under the shifter. Is it a manual trans?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-20-2016, 02:39 PM   #3

Yes, it's a 4sp. manual... i'll look under the shifter for some indentification. Not much to take a pic of... just a frame and a motor right now

Old 07-20-2016, 04:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Pics? A 200cc would most likely be listed as a 163FML on the engine. Probably under the shifter. Is it a manual trans?
167FML is the # under the shifter along with a serial#...

Old 07-21-2016, 11:05 AM   #5

Welcome!
A pic would still help.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-21-2016, 12:04 PM   #6

Pics ,serial #,and even the country you are in all helps as certain products are not available everywhere .

Old 07-28-2016, 03:14 PM   #7

So I figured out what this quad is... it's an '05 or '06 "Jetmoto 200 Sport". I found the swingarm, new plastics, and other misc. parts I need for $380... not too bad. I'm going with Honda red with black accents, blacking out the rims and chrome push bar, and throw on some brushed aluminum bits to trick it out.

I actually bought it for the kid that mows my lawn... he was supposed to have $60 saved towards a beater POS dirtbike another neighbor had for sale (that's still in a pile in his driveway) but he spent it on crap after i had already bought it. To my surprise, his Grandma came by last night and gave me $450 in cash for the quad and the new parts... . I even happened to have a fullface helmet and a nearly new pair of riding boots that are his size too so he's getting a helluva deal.

I'll put it back together with him and then teach him how to ride it and he has a small track behind his house to practice riding on. Maybe i'll take him out to ride some big league trails with us when we go out on our bikes.

Last edited by nailit69; 07-28-2016 at 03:46 PM.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:48 PM   #8

Glad you figured it out. Personally I'd let him learn without plastic. It can't get broke that way. I had just as much fun riding one with broken plastic growing up. Actually more fun because after it got so bad Dad couldn't tell I'd broke something else.

He made me keep it running good & safe. Some reason he insisted on breaks. That took all the money I could come up with but it also hauled me to my odd jobs that paid for my play. He stopped saying anything about the way it looked after a while.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:00 PM   #9

Good point on learning with broken plastic... he's gonna wipe out and break something for sure. I might have to wait for them to come back into stock anyway... supplier said he might have something in the back but only has pink right now and isn't getting anymore til september or something.

I'm putting on a new chain, new rear shock, new rear caliper and master cyl., new brakes all around, and new plastic... It'll be a safe and reliable machine for him if he takes care of it.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:43 PM   #10

I bought a used axle for $10 that came with plastic in decent shape, caliper, disc, sprockets, wheels tires, frame, shocks, seat, lights, & I'm sure there is other parts I'm leaving out. I wish it'd still had the chain. It donated the engine to something.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:10 PM   #11

Here's what I got for $60...

it's been rode hard and put away wet more than a few times. The swingarm is bent and has been poorly cobbled back together, I can't tell for sure until I have the new swingarm installed but I also think the rear subframe is ever so slightly tweaked to the left too... the rest of the frame is fine but i'm pretty sure it's been cartwheeled. I'm gonna chain it down to my car trailer and try to massage it back into place. The electrical is mostly intact and functioning but the starter button went out and rather than make a proper repair the PO hacked the wiring and was touching two wires together to start it. The brakes work... on one wheel, hence the new brake pads all around and I have 1/2 a front plastic and 2/3 of the rear with nothing in between.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:34 PM   #12

By the looks of your shop I'd guess your pretty mechanically inclined but I'll ask this just in case. Why is the breaks not working? Being a live rear axle you would have to mean the front brakes by saying only one wheel so I assume it has to be drumb breaks. So it might be new shoes are needed or it might be other components need adjusted our replaced. As for backs I've never wore a set out on these but I'd assume metal would grind before they didn't do anything. So might they need air removed, master & caliper cleaned, or maybe rusty slides cleaned?

I know both the one I had sitting & the one I bought both had the plunger of the master cylinder frozen in them. They are a pain to get started bleeding from a empty system also but once I had fluid all the way it got easy to get the last of the air out of the fluid. I did end up using a syringe over the bleader to keep it from sucking air back into the caliper.

Sounds like a good idea to replace the A arm if it's as bad as it sounds. The rear drifted I'd have to consider how bad it was. The ones I've seen have really thin tubing & I'd be afraid of breaking the welds. Don't forget this is a new rider & may have a mishapping. $60 is a good deal as long as your buying it for what it is & that's a learner bike. I'd put enough money into it so I could ride it & that's it. You said something around $450 earlier. $450 would go a long way towards buying a new one. Did you happen to see the one I posted a picture of? This one looks better then it & I'm not putting anymore money then I have to into a learner bike. I'll let them destroy this one then decide if they are ready for a better bike.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:48 PM   #13

Rear caliper is siezed and the seals are shot in the master cylinder and one shoe lost it's pad up front so one wheel is all that works at the moment.

The rear swingarm is bent pretty bad... 2 1/2" difference from front to rear on the left side. The new one looks to be a little better built with additional gussets. The rear shock is a joke... nuff said.

He's from a single parent home... no dad around and moms money is pretty tight and she can't afford a new one. I told him he could take it like it was and ride the hell out of it but he wants to fix it up just a little and I can help him do it cheap.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:06 PM   #14

Understand.

I brought the master cylinders back to life with some ATF dextron lll. That stuff is wonderful for seals & rust.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:10 PM   #15

All the seals and rubbers were shredded on this one... cable operated drums up front so they're fine other than shoes.