Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2016, 07:39 AM   #31

If you think its happening to the RX3 riders often you should hop over to any R1200GS forums or check out this right up on Autoevolution. BMW G650GS and G650GS Sertao Recalled Over Engine Stalling Possibility

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/bm...#ixzz4DioMeOl7

As the complexity of motorcycles goes up to meet EPA standards so do the problems associated with them.
2015 RX3 Cyclone (White)
2015 RX3 Cyclone (Orange)
2016 Honda CB500X

Old 07-07-2016, 08:43 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger12XC View Post
If you think its happening to the RX3 riders often you should hop over to any R1200GS forums or check out this right up on Autoevolution. BMW G650GS and G650GS Sertao Recalled Over Engine Stalling Possibility

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/bm...#ixzz4DioMeOl7

As the complexity of motorcycles goes up to meet EPA standards so do the problems associated with them.
Ah, you know...I never thought about that. And even ethanol. All these are factors. You nailed it man!

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 07-10-2016, 07:52 AM   #33

My husband to the RX3 out again coming into our condo.
He said he had gone over the bump, was coasting with the clutch in maybe doing 15 or so mph and the bike cut off. It started right back up for him when he hit the button.

I guess the bike just doesn't like to coast with the clutch in? IDK. This makes it the 3rd or 4th time this has happened with 1100 miles now on the bike.

Pay it Forward!

Old 07-10-2016, 09:16 AM   #34

my bike cut out on me yesterday twice 4th gear going right along then just died only thing diff. was raining but have drove in rain before put a little grease around plug wire who knows i don't mind fixing problems but not knowing what is wrong is what sucks

Old 07-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #35

Another 150 miles of mixed riding this weekend so far and all is good after re-doing the connections under the seat and battery terminals.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-10-2016, 11:45 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
He said he had gone over the bump, was coasting with the clutch in maybe doing 15 or so mph and the bike cut off. It started right back up for him when he hit the button.

I guess the bike just doesn't like to coast with the clutch in? IDK. This makes it the 3rd or 4th time this has happened with 1100 miles now on the bike.
When y'all did that major svc on the bike did you happen to do the connections? Of course not the same bike but I took the advice of C. Riders and re seated with electric grease then electric taped the connections against water. Don't know if this is the fix but gave me piece of mind.

But then again the rx3 is a bit more complicated than the humble bashan .
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-10-2016, 05:25 PM   #37

Well, I guess I will just hang in there.We did order some accessories we plan on installing; such as lights and stuff. So, I'll just keep monitoring this issue and then I will check ever single damn plug on the bike, before installing anything else and put dielectric grease on everything! LOL

Pay it Forward!

Old 07-10-2016, 08:43 PM   #38

Slip it all the way in.

Just a reminder that while you have your hands on a connector, first pull it apart and look inside both halves. The pins and receptacles are attached to the wires before they are inserted in their receiver. If they didn't get pushed in until the lock tang engages, they can still make contact but not be fully connected.

Examine them closely to see if each electrical part is as far out (in) as the others.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:49 PM   #39

Quote:

So weird. I coast with the clutch in fairly often coming in to a stop, and this has never happened to me. If there was a bump of some kind shortly before the cut out, I would lean toward a loose connection of some kind, as others have suggested.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 07-11-2016, 08:33 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
So weird. I coast with the clutch in fairly often coming in to a stop, and this has never happened to me. If there was a bump of some kind shortly before the cut out, I would lean toward a loose connection of some kind, as others have suggested.
who knows...if it continues after checking every connection and doing the next valve check at 2500 miles. then i'm going to call CSC.

Pay it Forward!

Old 07-11-2016, 10:26 AM   #41

Quote:
who knows...if it continues after checking every connection and doing the next valve check at 2500 miles. then i'm going to call CSC.
By then at least it would be narrowed down to a ignition module or fuel injection brain box or sensor(not familiar with rx3 components, more puzzle pieces than average dirt bike). Would be nice to just turn up the idle a bit like a carb.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 11-08-2016, 05:12 PM   #42

madsocial, I've experienced similar engine stalling issues. It's always coming to a stop with the clutch in and usually within 10 minutes of firing up the bike. It has happened to me almost daily as I commute with the bike 4 days out of the week. I contacted Gerry today because it's getting somewhat serious. I am due to for a valve check and I do have over 12,000 miles on the bike. Will keep you posted.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:15 PM   #43

Looks like valve inspection might solve the problem

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16035

Old 11-08-2016, 07:37 PM   #44

The used to be another RX3 web group I followed, I think a guy named Andy (cat herder?) posted that he started having stalling problems and found the ignition switch assembly had some dust inside. Seems the dust fluffered the contactulators and wouldn't let the pixies go to the wires they wanted to dance in.

I seem to recall he used a couple shots of electrical contact cleaner/lube. I think he also covered the holes in the switch body. He never reported another repeat of the stalling up until the web site vanished.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:08 AM   #45

Mine only does it rarely, usually just after it's been fired. I'll have to check this out! Thanks for the heads-up. I hate it when my pixies can't properly dance!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350