Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2019, 03:35 PM   #286

I need the seat covers. My main seat is starting to crack. Are they still available?

Will
'15 Mustard and Orange (repainting piece by piece)

Old 11-10-2019, 06:42 PM   #287

Real lights!

Tail light is fitted and is perfect. I didn't realise how many LED's there are supposed to be with lights all the way up the sides too.
Thanks again !

A question to the "community brain" is anyone replacing the various screws and bolts with more durable/higher quality ones?
As I work on my bike more and more I am thinking it might be good to fit allen screws and stainless bolts to keep things useable for longer.

Are there ready made sets of do you just buy as you go from the local hardware store?

Old 11-10-2019, 09:57 PM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybiker View Post
Tail light is fitted and is perfect. I didn't realise how many LED's there are supposed to be with lights all the way up the sides too.
Thanks again !

A question to the "community brain" is anyone replacing the various screws and bolts with more durable/higher quality ones?
As I work on my bike more and more I am thinking it might be good to fit allen screws and stainless bolts to keep things useable for longer.

Are there ready made sets of do you just buy as you go from the local hardware store?
Scroll down for engine bolts
China doesn’t use great bolts no one bothers much etc
Replace as needed

Old 11-11-2019, 09:41 AM   #289

Danny, if you are in the US it's easiest to simply order a selection of OEM stainless steel screws from CSC. You will find that some of the SS stuff (the screws/bolts holding the plastic to the tank) are hard to duplicate at the hardware store. The quality of the SS bits is pretty good. My 2016 is not showing any signs of rust on the fasteners and the only ones I have had to replace were due to me dropping them, then they bounce off into never-never land. With that said, the covers on the cams and crankshaft are the exception. They are made of some kind of soft metal and it's all too easy to chew them up. They are also unique enough that CSC is your only source. At least they are cheap so I have a few on hand. Once again, invest in about $10 worth of a selection of common sizes from CSC and you are set. Tako also offers a kit of spares and it looks like his kit covers far more than just the SS stuff I mention.

Old 11-11-2019, 11:23 AM   #290

The screws on this bike, like most Asian bikes, are not real Philips. They are JIS. When you use a Philips driver on JIS screws, it tends to chew them up as only a tiny bit of the driver engages the actual sides of the cuts in the screw. You can always use JIS drivers in Philips however. I picked up a set of JIS hand screwdrivers and a set of bits to go into my impact driver. The difference in usability, once you experience it, will shock you.

The Allen bolts are not perfectly sized. I keep a ton of hex keys around that have collected over time. I try different ones to see what fits best. Interestingly enough the Harbor Freight Allen key set fits most of the CSC bolts rather well. My Craftsman are less reliable for fit on this bike.

Old 11-11-2019, 02:45 PM   #291

Replaced Everything That I Could

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybiker View Post
...A question to the "community brain" is anyone replacing the various screws and bolts with more durable/higher quality ones?

This was one of the first things that I did on my RX3. I wasn't too enamored with the green phosphate finished hardware on the bike, so everything that I could source a similar fastener in A2 or A4 stainless for, I replaced. Axle nuts, oil filter nuts (M5, IIRC), bracket bolts (mostly M6x1.0 button heads in various lengths), side fairing screws, luggage rack mounting bolts, even the bolts that hold the latches on the resin top and side cases. Probably spent US $150-$175 on them, when all was said and done. An excellent source for metric fasteners, stainless or otherwise, is Belmetric.com. They sell genuine SAE Grade 2, 5, and 8 fasteners, or the metric equivalents (Class 4, 8.8. 10.9, 12.9) Grades 5 and 8 are what you want, Class 8.8 or higher for metric. Most A2 Stainless steels come in a hair under Grade 5 or Class 8.8 in strength, but it is not enough to make a difference on anything on a motorcycle's exterior. This includes things like the valve, stator, and clutch covers on the engine, also (more M6x1.0 bolts here). No worries about rust anymore, and they look world's better than the stock fasteners.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:00 PM   #292

http://www.chinariders.net/attachmen...2&d=1544751678

The new RX3 has this bottle it seems - they mount it on the inside of the fender and the fender has mounting points now - Mind you easy to mod with a brace like I did.

Old 12-02-2019, 06:54 AM   #293

Oops

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5kafgAn...=1ne0xubmnus8e

Old 12-12-2019, 05:56 AM   #294

RX4 Crash Bars

Anyone have a lead on a better set of RX4 crash bars? The CSC set up is devoid of protection for the lower motor.

Old 12-12-2019, 10:15 AM   #295

The CSC bash plate for the RX4 is 1/4" aluminum and actually wraps around the lower part of the engine....That's all the engine crash protection I think I will ever need.

Old 12-12-2019, 06:07 PM   #296

VERY few aftermarket stuff in China - only smaller things etc.