Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2018, 12:41 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Wow! That's $2K below MSRP. Makes me wonder what the OTD price might be. Recently I saw some very attractive ads for the Moto Guzzi Stornello. A call to the dealer brought out the hidden $1500 dealer add on fees. So much for a good deal.
You can usually at $1k to any sticker price.

What is annoying is the dealers are very naughty with this stuff; set up fees for instance are usually covered by MSRP; definitely in the case of Kawi.

Also when they refer to 'building' the bikes, they build them in much the same way you build an RX3 or TT250 out of the crate from CSC.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:12 PM   #107

Day old bread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
I went to look at the Versys 300 this weekend just to see it and sit on it. The dealer didn't have one on the floor but said they had one in the back they would wheel out. It was a new grey 2017 . I about fainted when I saw the price tag on it of $3495. Wozzers I almost came close to buying it. rj
If someone needed a lightweight bike, that would indeed be a bargain.
The price is because it's left over from last year, and we are getting closer to the 2019's arriving.

Also, being grey it's the slowest bike in the category. I read that on the Sammy Miller web site.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:53 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Is it me or is it funny when someone call us idiots but spells it idoits? LOL!
Hope you're enjoying your new ride, BB!
Haha, you caught that did ya? . Hows the new Jeep compass, did you get it yet?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-27-2018, 01:05 PM   #109

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Hows the new Jeep compass, did you get it yet?
Change of plans. Pay everything off and retire. I like that idea better.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-27-2018, 08:16 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Change of plans. Pay everything off and retire. I like that idea better.
Really, hope for the best. Just enjoy life up in the northern Californian woods sounds good!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-28-2018, 12:19 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
I went to look at the Versys 300 this weekend just to see it and sit on it. The dealer didn't have one on the floor but said they had one in the back they would wheel out. It was a new grey 2017 . I about fainted when I saw the price tag on it of $3495. Wozzers I almost came close to buying it. rj

Attachment 12766
Manufacturer’s Rebate and a realistic and firm shipping price set by Kawasaki the manufacturer, so dealers can’t screw you on shipping and setup fees!

Old 05-03-2018, 10:22 PM   #112

jbflr said:-

"ABS model is $5,700 USD. Add sales tax and all the dealer BS fees and I was quoted an OTD price of $7,500 USD."

This is a not quite fair comparison as the RX3 is $4195, plus assembly, plus shipping, plus sales tax. If you compare it to the non ABS Versys300 the price becomes more comparable. Long term, things become slanted in the Versys's favour, eg reliability, dealer network, re-sale value. The initial cost of a bike is only one part of the equation. One of the ex-denizens of this forum took almost a year to sell his very nice and loaded RX3. He now rides a Versys 650.
I have read that the 300cc Kawasaki engine is no longer being produced, which means the 400cc Versys is inevitable. If Kawasaki do what they did with the Ninja ie keep the price the same, then the Versys begins to look very good value, as it easily outperforms the RX3 in every area except price.
For the record, I own neither bike and therefore have no axe to grind re one or the other. I would be interested in the RX4 if it was priced right and its specs were OK. If it were priced too close to the Versys400, I would choose the Versys every time.