Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2016, 11:43 AM   #151

Send a message via Skype™ to adriansk8
Thumbs Up Rodada Santa

Hello! Riders!

I did tour along with some cousins ​​last week.

excellent bike behaved in a way a little more than 3 hours of road uncovered. (Trail)

Old 03-31-2016, 02:01 PM   #152

Thanks for posting the nice video. I'm sure you enjoyed a nice ride.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-04-2016, 11:13 AM   #153

Share Video Club Adventtour Medellin

Hello! Riders!

I once again around here, to share with you a video.

We left for the south western Antioquia .

regards!

Old 04-04-2016, 11:29 AM   #154

It's great to see the Adventour 250 motorcycles out for a ride. Thanks for posting the nice video from Colombia, amigo.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-11-2016, 02:24 PM   #155

Hello all. I have been busy with work and havent had time to really participate in the forum. I have a few questions for you and hope you can offer some help. My AKT 250TT here in Colombia has been running great. Just a few minor issues that were easy to resolve. I now have 2000km on it. However last week it started to idle very high after it warmed up. Usually around 4000rpm. Then the engine sound changed and the heat from the engine seemed to increase drastically but the gauge actually started to read lower than normal. I took the bike for service to a shop that I feel is very competent. I picked the bike up and it was rough to start (3 attempts) which is not normal for me. Usually starts right up on the first bump of the starter. I always use the choke in the mornings and always fires right up. The bike seemed to run smooth for the short ride home (8 minutes). The next day the bike did not want to start and the choke seemed to have no affect on it. The bike is idling very low (for me anyway) at about 1500rpm. The mechanic really likes a low idle. I was struggling keeping the bike running especially when cold. Constantly bumping the throttle at each stop. The engine now sounds completely different to me. In first gear at take-off its very sluggish and sounds like an old tractor. Usually rides smoothly once rpm and speeds increase but the sound is still off to me. Its just not the same bike and it changed over night without warning. I am taking it back to the mechanic tonight but want to give him some ideas based on feedback from your collective experience. After the first visit he told me he only had to adjust the carb and clutch. I know my descriptions arent great but hoping someone has experienced this or heard of such issues and can offer some insight.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:39 PM   #156

DaytonaMike, have you had the valves checked? As the valves tighten over time, the engine can become very hard to start.

If this is the issue, adjusting the valve gap will bring it back to life. The valves can be damaged if they are not kept in adjustment. CSC recommends checking the valves at 500 miles and every (I think) 4000 miles thereafter.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 04-11-2016, 10:11 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaMike View Post
Hello all. I have been busy with work and havent had time to really participate in the forum. I have a few questions for you and hope you can offer some help. My AKT 250TT here in Colombia has been running great. Just a few minor issues that were easy to resolve. I now have 2000km on it. However last week it started to idle very high after it warmed up. Usually around 4000rpm. Then the engine sound changed and the heat from the engine seemed to increase drastically but the gauge actually started to read lower than normal. I took the bike for service to a shop that I feel is very competent. I picked the bike up and it was rough to start (3 attempts) which is not normal for me. Usually starts right up on the first bump of the starter. I always use the choke in the mornings and always fires right up. The bike seemed to run smooth for the short ride home (8 minutes). The next day the bike did not want to start and the choke seemed to have no affect on it. The bike is idling very low (for me anyway) at about 1500rpm. The mechanic really likes a low idle. I was struggling keeping the bike running especially when cold. Constantly bumping the throttle at each stop. The engine now sounds completely different to me. In first gear at take-off its very sluggish and sounds like an old tractor. Usually rides smoothly once rpm and speeds increase but the sound is still off to me. Its just not the same bike and it changed over night without warning. I am taking it back to the mechanic tonight but want to give him some ideas based on feedback from your collective experience. After the first visit he told me he only had to adjust the carb and clutch. I know my descriptions arent great but hoping someone has experienced this or heard of such issues and can offer some insight.
I think you might need to adjust the pilot mixture screw (PMS) of your carburetor. If the PMS is set too rich, the idle speed will increase greatly after the engine gets hot.

You need to adjust the PMS with a hot, not warm engine. After the PMS is adjusted properly, you can adjust the idle speed screw.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-12-2016, 07:37 AM   #158

Thanks Detours. Thats what the mechanic thought too when I dropped the bike off last night. Thanks Spud I will send him a message to check adjustment on the PMS. Thanks for the info. !!!!!

Old 04-15-2016, 08:54 AM   #159

UPDATE...They adjusted the valves and carb. (I dont have specifics on what they did or what adjustments were needed) Damn I really need to learn Spanish. Anyway the bike is running great. Its actually running better than it ever has. Even when new it wasnt this smooth. Still loving my RX3!!! Now I just need time to get out and ride more.

Old 04-15-2016, 01:20 PM   #160

Good for you. Thanks for posting the update.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-15-2016, 01:56 PM   #161

Glad they figured it out! Enjoy!

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 02-16-2017, 02:07 PM   #162

Labor Social

ello,

Our Adventtour Club Medellin made a few days a social work to bring joy and some school supplies to some children.

Here I share a small video.

Regards!

https://clubadventtourmedellin.com/2...al-en-betania/

Old 02-17-2017, 10:58 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriansk8 View Post
ello,

Our Adventtour Club Medellin made a few days a social work to bring joy and some school supplies to some children.

Here I share a small video.

Regards!

https://clubadventtourmedellin.com/2...al-en-betania/

That's awesome.

Tags
adventour, akt tt, akt tt 250, colombia