Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #1

Gr33ts from the Canadian North West

Hi Chinariders,

Just made an account here because of my great anticipation of riding my new china bike. Saga GY 250 enduro! I purchased it for 1600$ CAN + shipping from a dealer in Edmonton. The bike is in a box at my house in BC but I'm at work so I can't post pictures.

I used to ride a CRF250R 2010 with FI but I sold it due to my fear of dying. I'm looking forward to riding a street legal enduro and doing mostly road riding with the odd weekend camping adventure.

Will post pics near the 15th!

I'd like to add that I own a Honda Wave 110i in Isaan Thailand that I adore. It's a 110 cc air cooled fuel injected 2012 unit I picked up for 40,000 baht (about 1300 USD). I use it when I visit my in-laws .

Old 03-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #2

Welcome!

I can appreciate your fear of dying. The Saga will not be at the build quality of the CRF, but it will be a fun little DS with much potential.

Thanks for the pics of the Wave; I've never seen one before.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #3

The Wave looks like a spiritual successor to the Trail 90. Lovely bike.

I fear getting severly injured too, but not enough to keep me off my YZ400F.

Enjoy the ride.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #4

Thanks!

My brother received and started assembling the bike today. Here are some photos. I'm very jealous he go to ride it first :twisted: .

Old 03-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #5

I don't wanna sidetrack from my beautiful chinese machine but I would like to talk about that beauty wave for a moment.

It's actually really cool, 4 speed automatic clutch just like an old honda cub or CT 90. It revs really nicely, and has a great engine sound. I only weighs 68 kg and I've had it loaded well over 150 kgs with passenger and groceries. It does feel dangerous this loaded however, but it seems fine because I only do about 40 km/hr due to having wifey on the back.

I really wanted to do a big ride on it but my in-laws are concerned about bandits. I hope one year I can join someone with the same idea as me, and drive into Laos on a 2 or 3 week tour. This is the direct competition for chinese manufactured machines IMO, because they build them in Thailand for very cheap. The quality is really top notch!

Old 03-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #6

Welcome; we are glad you joined us. The Saga 250 looks great, and so does the Honda Dream.

P.S. I just got a CRF250X with a carburetor. I think the power will be just about right for me.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...wtopic&t=15398

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #7

Yes I rode an X and it was much nicer to ride than my R. The gearing makes a big difference. I also rode an older R with carb and I liked it more than my fuel injected unit.

I really like that X of yours and the mods. Especially the clown horn.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by poostang
Yes I rode an X and it was much nicer to ride than my R. The gearing makes a big difference. I also rode an older R with carb and I liked it more than my fuel injected unit.

I really like that X of yours and the mods. Especially the clown horn.
Thank you. I got a good deal on the CRF250X. I prefer the "trail bike" to the "motocross racer." I decided to install a regular, motorcycle horn instead of the "clown horn." Nevertheless, the "clown horn" is perfectly legal in Idaho.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-19-2014, 09:27 PM   #9

Check the assembly of the carb, especially the choke mechanism. My husband's Saga 250 had the choke assembly mounted backwards and therefore wouldn't work. We found that the mixture needle needs to be adjusted for starting, as they seem to be very cold-blooded bikes and until warmed up the screw needs to be adjusted.