Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2015, 01:46 PM   #16

Rich , I have a little Burr King polisher with little 3/8" triangle media. This media may be to small and pack into the threaded holes so may need to go to larger ones.
Good idea on the chop saw. I have heard of many using them on alum. but never took the plunge I guess.

FYI as seen in the pics below I have put a dot in the lower LH corner of the parts with LH threads for identification. When installing on bike it will make no difference on which side you put them as you are not peddling like on a bicycle so unthreading wouldn't be a problem. You can put some loc-tite on them also.

People have asked a few questions about these.
1) Are they awkward and hard to get use to?
Answer: about like it was when you rode your first bicycle. Once you get use to them , it becomes second nature to flip them around so they are flat if they get turned ----- unflat.
2) Are bike pedals strong enough for motorcycle use?
Answer: Have you ever watched Bubba the 180 lb. neighborhood kid thrashing around on his mountain bike, jumping off curbs and going down stairs or racing down a mountain side? If you motocross your RX3 then you might break them. For the rest of us mortals ,I think they'll be just fine based on the 2 sets I have on my NC700x and RX3.
3)Warranty?
Answer: None written or implied blah, blah, blah. I checked all these individually for fit on my RX3 so if there is a problem with fitting, which I doubt seeing the quality with which the RX3 is made, it would be a simple thing to sand them to fit I would think. Cheaper pedals may have threads that are not quite up to tolerance, I don't know. That is all out of my control. As for my part, I stand behind my work as a fellow RX3 owner and will take care of any problems that arise.
4) Benefits of using these?
Answer: A larger pedal foot print so even on the highway I find my feet are more comfortable and get less fatigued. When standing on the pegs all day going through jeep, forest service roads is where they really feel great as your foot stays level with the rest of your body and the cycle just pivots below you. It's MAGICAL
5)Coolness factor?
Answer: Seriously how many people do you know with bicycle pedals on their motorcycle?????

These should be ready to ship Monday.
If you want a set you can PayPal me the money at
rjmorel@charter.net

or check or MO to
Rob Morel
1108 1/2 N 9th Ave
Walla Walla, WA. 99362
$45 plus $5 shipping
Thanks, rj
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010059.jpg (88.8 KB, 332 views)

Old 07-10-2015, 02:03 PM   #17

Thanks for taking the time to capture the nice photos.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-10-2015, 06:33 PM   #18

RJ,

I just sent the funds over for mine.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 07-10-2015, 08:39 PM   #19

Thanks everyone who initially ordered some pivot pedal mounts. Please don't forget to let me know where you want them shipped in the PayPal note area or email me at rjmorel@charter.net Thanks, rj

Old 07-11-2015, 12:26 PM   #20

Thanks for the pics, RJ. In response to your question, you're the man!

Have you considered drilling and tapping an oversize thread, and then using a thread insert? Might be cheap insurance.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-11-2015, 12:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Thanks for the pics, RJ. In response to your question, you're the man!

Have you considered drilling and tapping an oversize thread, and then using a thread insert? Might be cheap insurance.
Weld, haven't even thought of that. I usually leave thread inserts till I really need them to repair a thread that is striped out. What's your thought on it being cheap insurance? Curious, rj

Old 07-11-2015, 12:50 PM   #22

I love thread inserts in aluminum.

/

Old 07-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #23

Larger surface area in the aluminum, a sort of "sprung" behaviour to the insert that makes it stay put and a steel surface for the steel threads of the pedal. You're not likely to need to worry about the aluminum threads pulling out.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-13-2015, 08:11 AM   #24

Hmmm wonder if i could somehow use these on my bikes...i may need to do some measuring to see what would be needed to make these adapters work...I could see using some steel BMX pedals on my DT250 especially...gain the advantage of the rotating pegs..plus the grip and durability of the steel pedals....
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 11-13-2015, 11:31 AM   #25

I think I'd gravitate towards composite pedals. A pair of Bear Traps took the skin off my legs a few times when I was a kid.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:01 PM   #26

You know this is a great idea RJ, I have the shop and capability for these parts

http://emmprecision.com/machining-manufacturing.html

but not the time so you will have me as a customer. If you find sales high enough in the future feel free to contact me and I will give a quote for volume parts.

Old 11-14-2015, 05:06 PM   #27

Keith, did you ever turn an XT225 countershaft, for use on a TW200 (for a six speed conversion)?