Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2023, 10:51 AM   #1

RX4 overheating

Hello!

I have been lingering on here and adventure bikes forum for about a year, some great info, thank you to all the contributors.

My 2022 RX4 has ~3700 miles on it and starting to have a mild overheating issue... First noticed it last week at the end of an hour long ride, was getting up to 102, outside temp was low 80's. Yesterday it was hovering around 104 and made it up to 107 for a minute or so before it came back down, outside temp was low 90's. Looks like 105 is the threshold when the temp gauge starts flashing.

What kind of temperatures are you all seeing on a warm day?

Coolant looks good and is topped off. Fan comes on around 87. I saw another post on here people suggested to flush the coolant. That was going to be my next step. I had a VFR800 that was overheating years ago - put the Honda special blue coolant in, and the issue went away. I still have some of that blue stuff left.

On another note, I have had some peculiar electrical issues. The first was about 100 miles after I picked the bike up from dealership, the throttle stuck wide open going over the grapevine - pulled over, shut down, let it sit for 10 mins - and this has never happened again.

More recently the bike died out of nowhere at freeway speeds, wouldn't start for about 15 mins and then fired up like nothing happened. Check engine came on and the code was for injectors, which has since turned off. CSC said if it happens again swap one of the 3 identical relays for fuel pump/headlight/fan...

Overall the bike has been OKAY. Not sure I would buy another. I'm 6-1, the legs feel a little cramped on long rides, suspension is not pleasant but not terrible, with the gearing setup to accommodate smaller engine, the thumper is spinning pretty fast at highway speeds and does not feel overly smooth, but I'm being picky. This is a budget bike and you get what you pay for. For the price I'm pretty happy.

Edit: I also had the right support bracket tab for the windshield/headlight/cluster assembly shear at ~2000 miles. No offroad, just normal city riding... CSC recommended welding. I fixed with JB weld and a pipe clamp since it is a fairly low visibility area. Seems to be holding up. Maybe I got a lemon?

Last edited by mvander; 05-18-2023 at 01:09 PM.