Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2022, 05:19 PM   #781

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddlerap View Post
Also I see they claim some bikes come with Tool Kits.. mine did not. Should it have?
I have not actually seen any claim that the Templars come with a tool kit. Not sure where you read that... But neither of mine came with a tool kit.

Old 10-19-2022, 09:12 PM   #782

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I have not actually seen any claim that the Templars come with a tool kit. Not sure where you read that... But neither of mine came with a tool kit.
Somewhere on the page of the bike it says something like "most bikes come with a tool kit, but there are exceptions", so I just wasn't sure.

Old 10-19-2022, 11:50 PM   #783

Now support is saying all the parts have to come from overseas so I should "wait awhile" for an update and it takes at least a week to process. Am I just getting unlucky? I wouldn't consider this "fast" service. I don't think I've seen anyone in this thread have such an important part of the bike missing (triple tree fork clamp). Literally can't do anything without it.

Old 10-20-2022, 03:33 AM   #784

This was the shippers fault. And yes, there is a box with the triple clamp in it. As I recall, it has the gauge cluster too. And maybe the horn. Sucks.

Old 10-20-2022, 03:36 AM   #785

They do have some parts in stock. Those ship fast. As in two day shipping after one day delay for warehouse to pull stock and ship.

Old 10-20-2022, 10:14 AM   #786

Quote:
They do have some parts in stock. Those ship fast. As in two day shipping after one day delay for warehouse to pull stock and ship.
Confirmed last night that they don't keep any steering parts in stock so I really do have to wait. Seems like it'd be quicker to just send me a new bike but i know they won't do that. I can't believe I'll most likely be waiting longer for these parts than I did for the bike itself.

Old 10-28-2022, 09:33 AM   #787

Ordered Rear Rim, tire, rotor & brake pads.. $230. Cheaper than KKE Spokes torqued correctly seals and bearings good...I liked the factory rear tire. Good grip, wear & stiff sidewalls.. Easier swap to & from adventure tire & 42 tooth sprocket back to factory for trails now...

Old 10-28-2022, 06:09 PM   #788

Can anyone tell me where in the packaging the key was located? I'm starting to think I'm missing the key as well.

Old 10-28-2022, 08:27 PM   #789

I don't remember where the keys were. Either in a box, or in the ignition. Maybe in the same box as the triple tree. I think they were bound together somehow. If you haven't found them, you probably didn't get them. shipper!

Old 10-29-2022, 03:55 AM   #790

Quote:
I don't remember where the keys were. Either in a box, or in the ignition. Maybe in the same box as the triple tree. I think they were bound together somehow. If you haven't found them, you probably didn't get them. shipper!
Sent another email.. really hoping it's attached to the triple tree, or else I'm in fear of waiting for more stuff from China potentially. Current ETA for the tree is Wednesday. Waiting longer for parts that were missing than the actual bike has been killer!

Old 10-30-2022, 08:54 PM   #791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
Ordered Rear Rim, tire, rotor & brake pads.. $230. Cheaper than KKE Spokes torqued correctly seals and bearings good...I liked the factory rear tire. Good grip, wear & stiff sidewalls.. Easier swap to & from adventure tire & 42 tooth sprocket back to factory for trails now...
Swapping out the rear wheel is a sensible solution to transforming the bike between off-road and adventure/dual sport. It breaks through the idea of compromising to meet the demands of the two purposes. You will probably need two chains as well, but all of this takes up less space than TWO bikes!

Old 11-02-2022, 10:55 AM   #792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
Finally got my insurance worked out, and thru Farm Bureau...crazy cheap too, added $17 to my 6 month bill (already had 2 bikes on it)
So had to ride it to be inspected, and will definitely need to be geared higher if doing much road riding...glad I ordered the 42 Tooth Sprocket....now I just need to install it.
The front brake really needs to be bled, has VERY little stopping power....and one of the screws in the reservoir was stuck, and striped out (and I was using an impact driver) so I have to deal with that before I can get it bled.
But I'm impressed with it over all, way more bike than the $1,980.00 to my door price let's on..
So were you able to get your templar plated after the inspection?

Old 11-02-2022, 02:10 PM   #793

got the triple tree, put the bike together last night. seemed to run really well. still missing another piece (flasher relay). might just try to find one locally at an auto parts store.

also i think i might replace battery immediately.

Old 11-02-2022, 04:42 PM   #794

What do I need to know about the battery to get the right size replacement?

Old 11-03-2022, 11:57 AM   #795

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddlerap View Post
What do I need to know about the battery to get the right size replacement?
I measured the battery tray and got the largest battery I could. Look at post #29 in this thread. It is a Weize battery from Amazon
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31439

Found the Amazon listing. This should be live and acccessible for at least a wekk:

https://www.amazon.com/Weize-YTX5L-B.../dp/B07P8487C6

Last edited by Thumper; 11-03-2022 at 06:06 PM.