Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2022, 06:00 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
I spent a Fall break with a girlfriend while in college out there. She lived 30 miles west of Woodward, I was never so happy to get back home. I never thought I’d miss a green lawn as much as I did…..

Yeah, but to someone who grew up in places that shall not be named, Oklahoma is heavenly. When I was a kid we got 9 inches of rain a year, it’s less now, so coming to Oklahoma (outside of weatherford) and it’s 30+ inches per year is more water than I’ve ever seen lol.
I hear okies complain a lot but man, people here don’t know how good they have it!

Old 04-05-2022, 06:05 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post

Yeah, but to someone who grew up in places that shall not be named, Oklahoma is heavenly. When I was a kid we got 9 inches of rain a year, it’s less now, so coming to Oklahoma (outside of weatherford) and it’s 30+ inches per year is more water than I’ve ever seen lol.
I hear okies complain a lot but man, people here don’t know how good they have it!
Trade states with me.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:23 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbindisbihhh View Post
Trade states with me.
That might be too much water lol

Old 04-07-2022, 02:46 PM   #64

So what would go into putting some different wheels on these? I don’t know anything about motorcycle wheel sizing.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:51 PM   #65

Quote:
So what would go into putting some different wheels on these? I don’t know anything about motorcycle wheel sizing.
What type are you interested in? Motocross sizing, Supermoto? It already has off-road for trail use….

Old 04-07-2022, 04:59 PM   #66

Quote:
What type are you interested in? Motocross sizing, Supermoto? It already has off-road for trail use….
Supermoto. Do the different types use different sizing metrics?

Old 04-07-2022, 05:59 PM   #67

Quote:
For the most part…..
MX/SX 21,19
Off-road 21,18
Supermoto 17 front and rear. Widths depend on what you can squeeze between the forks, and the swingarm. The wider, the better.
All this info is just to be used as a guideline, tons of combos can be had. Call up Dubya USA out in California, they build wheelsets for anything. However, remember, you could easily spend the price of your new bike again on custom wheels……..

Old 04-07-2022, 06:00 PM   #68

Quote:
I've decided that I'm going with just street tires on the existing rims, the cost of a set of Supermoto wheels and tires is nothing less than $600 and thats a little hefty on price for me tbh. Thinking of going with a 120/90 on the rear and a 110/90 on front.

Old 04-07-2022, 10:48 PM   #69

Quote:
For the most part…..
MX/SX 21,19
Off-road 21,18
Supermoto 17 front and rear. Widths depend on what you can squeeze between the forks, and the swingarm. The wider, the better.
All this info is just to be used as a guideline, tons of combos can be had. Call up Dubya USA out in California, they build wheelsets for anything. However, remember, you could easily spend the price of your new bike again on custom wheels……..
I told my wife tonight that it may just be money ahead to get a street bike.
She just laughed lol

So is there anything more to it? Standard sizes, fork or swing arm widths, axel diameters, etc?
I’m used to cars that have stuff like backspacing and bolt patterns and tire clearances, all of which are pretty well standardized: ie truck X can fit 38 inch tires without clearance issues on 17 inch wheel Y that has Z bolt pattern and 123 backspacing.
This just looks like an ornate bicycle wheel.

Old 04-09-2022, 02:26 AM   #70

Update on my order. I ordered mine Monday the 4th and I just got a notification earlier saying that the bike just shipped. However, when I looked at the tracking info provided by the carrier itself (R&L Carriers), it showed on there that instead of it shipping from California as what the lady from Moto Pro called and told me they do the day after I ordered it, it was picked up from Carrollton, Texas..? and is already in my state and to be scheduled delivery on the 12th, yet Amazon estimated delivery between the 18th-22nd lol... Definitely unexpected, but uh, hell yeah!!

Old 04-09-2022, 10:49 PM   #71

Excited for you. Man these China Bikes are addictive I want another one. My R&L driver was fantastic. My bikes box looked like it was dropped & flipped a few times.. I had the driver file a claim that only took maybe 10 mins plus I received a claim#. This paid off because I had a scuffed rim and near punctured tire scratches etc... I immediately contacted Max Pro and was given the option of replacement parts or refunds. Zero issues with this bike so far. Everyone who looks at it is impressed..

Old 04-09-2022, 11:26 PM   #72

Quote:
I told my wife tonight that it may just be money ahead to get a street bike.
She just laughed lol

So is there anything more to it? Standard sizes, fork or swing arm widths, axel diameters, etc?
I’m used to cars that have stuff like backspacing and bolt patterns and tire clearances, all of which are pretty well standardized: ie truck X can fit 38 inch tires without clearance issues on 17 inch wheel Y that has Z bolt pattern and 123 backspacing.
This just looks like an ornate bicycle wheel.
There is a ton to this. Talk to a pro who builds these things….. I’m not a wheel builder by any stretch. For starters, NOBODY on here has the bike, or specs from it, to be able to help you build a set of wheels. Secondly, finding a wheel builder that would actually build you wheels for a China bike can be a bitch. Most won’t touch one, simply because they don’t trust the hub metals. They are liable to the wheels if they lace you up a set, and they have no clue who actually produces the hubs, or rims themselves. These ain’t Kite hubs, nor DID rims we are dealing with……. You are dealing with wheels here…. Pretty important piece of the puzzle. Solid, safe, professional built wheels, your life relies upon.

Old 04-10-2022, 09:32 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
Excited for you. Man these China Bikes are addictive I want another one. My R&L driver was fantastic. My bikes box looked like it was dropped & flipped a few times.. I had the driver file a claim that only took maybe 10 mins plus I received a claim#. This paid off because I had a scuffed rim and near punctured tire scratches etc... I immediately contacted Max Pro and was given the option of replacement parts or refunds. Zero issues with this bike so far. Everyone who looks at it is impressed..
Loving the positive feedback on it, very reassuring for me as I will be dailying this machine for the time being, and for me to get back on my feet and on the road again. I'm definitely going to be posting pics and updates when I get mine here and running!

Old 04-10-2022, 11:01 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbindisbihhh View Post
Update on my order. I ordered mine Monday the 4th and I just got a notification earlier saying that the bike just shipped. However, when I looked at the tracking info provided by the carrier itself (R&L Carriers), it showed on there that instead of it shipping from California as what the lady from Moto Pro called and told me they do the day after I ordered it, it was picked up from Carrollton, Texas..? and is already in my state and to be scheduled delivery on the 12th, yet Amazon estimated delivery between the 18th-22nd lol... Definitely unexpected, but uh, hell yeah!!
Same, it’s looking like it will be here Monday

Old 04-10-2022, 10:46 PM   #75

Going be ordering mine soon hope everything is well