Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2023, 05:01 PM   #1

Sourcing a 45T rear sprocket for an AKT (CSC) TT250

Hi all!

I just got my brand new AKT TT 250 delivered. Super happy with it, but I do want to change the gearing on it. Not so much to gain top speed (I rarely exceed 80 kph) but to have a bit more relaxing RPM at cruising speeds (60 to 80 kph) and a bit taller 1st gear. Reading the posts on this forum here I'm inclined to go for a 45T rear sprocket.

As far as I can tell the AKT TT250 is to a very large extend the same as the CSC TT250, so I looked at getting a sprocket from them. Unfortunately they cannot ship to Curaçao. Using a parcel forwarding service would be an option, but not an economical one.

So my question is: does anyone know where I can get hold of a 45T sprocket that would fit the TT250, that either delivers to Curacao or to The Netherlands (friends and family come over quite regularly form there, so they would be able to bring it with them). I've tried to search on Dutch webshops, but this is difficult as I don't have the exact specifications (dimensions) of the required sprocket.

Hope there's anyone who can help. Thanks in advance!!

Old 11-04-2023, 03:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
If your sprocket is the same as the TT250 then look for a JTR269-45.
Thanks for the info, Jeffrey!

So I noticed that the sprocket on my TT250, as well as the photo of the replacement sprocket on the CSC site has a few millimeters offset (that is, the sprocket has kind of a dish shape). So a 'flat' sprocket such as the one you indicate will be slightly misaligned with the front one. It's hard to judge but my guess its about 1/4th inch.

Would this work or is it better to find a sprocket with a similar offset? Does anyone know if JT also produces those? It's a bit unfortunate that you can only search by bike model instead of measurements/ specifications on their website.

Old 11-04-2023, 07:10 PM   #3

CSC sells a kit to use flat sprockets. It is just a set of 4 5mm thick spacers and 5mm longer bolts.

Some people reported they had better chain alignment without the spacers.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Tags
sprocket, tt250