Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2020, 09:31 PM   #1

Engine Guard / Break Pedal Guard TT250/Hawk

Ok the first time I dropped/slide my TT250 the break pedal snapped. Very low speed on gravel.

Today I fell over on single track - pure dirt and sand and viola:

So the shiftier/break lever are very soft and will curl on the slightest impact I promise you.

Is there any DYI kit for an engine guard to protect the pedal ? I dont think the tt250 needs a full size engine guard but something low profile ...that protects the shiftier/rear break

Does anyone know of a third party or other break pedal that will fit our TT250/Hawk ?
Any thoughts on fabricating one ?

If I manage to reshape my break pedal rest assured its coming off when I go off road...

Old 11-27-2020, 09:54 PM   #2

TT 250 Skid plate linky:
https://cscmotorcycles.com/skid-plat...re-fits-tt250/

It is possible to make a cutting board skid plate attached with small U bolts. It’s ghetto - but it works.

Get 2 of these Break Snakes. Or roll your own with some wire and crimps or short chain welded or recrimped.... they don’t fix everything but significantly limit crash damage.

Plan “B” is a small pair of vise-grips clamped to what ever is left and shifting off that. No fun. Tears things up pretty good but it’ll get you home or to a truck recovery point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5293C5E8-58B4-4262-A013-02531122C526.jpeg (37.5 KB, 265 views)
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 11-28-2020, 11:41 AM   #3

Red Hawk,

can you link me to those snakes >? I'm not familiar with those

the skid plate - I dont think it protects the lever.... but maybe a diy cutting board skit plate could

Old 11-28-2020, 12:06 PM   #4

nvm I think the snakes arent bad idea
https://slavensracing.com/shop/brake...by-motion-pro/

Old 11-28-2020, 02:00 PM   #5

The Wings on the front or top of the skid plate keep the lay down angle, It’s easy to understand looking at a skid plate. It’ll keep a little bit of room between the lever and ground. And that’s enough till rocks are introduced. Point is another layer of protection and hope it’s enough. Then go buy new parts -ride- repeat.

Everyone lays it over sooner or later. You’ll know what to look for next time you see ground like that. Parts are cheap the adventure is priceless.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 11-29-2020, 01:23 PM   #6

couldnt agree more red hawk, just the price of doing business

Tags
break pedal, engine guard, guard, tt250