Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Web Deals - NEW!
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2020, 06:48 PM   #16

as far as the latest x-pect news goes

per don
We just sold out on Friday, they will be back in stock on feb 19th. They sell for $2499.00 through the dealership.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:42 PM   #17

Good news on the warehouse for me!! I wonder if I could convince someone to put it together. I am not sure if the Yuma MVD office still requires to see a bike in person like they did with my TMEC (it was 49 state street certified after all), but Musictrek was able to plate his Brozz in Phoenix before he even had it out of the crate using a private office that contracts with the state's MVD. Years ago, when I went to plate my TMEC, I started off at one of those offices locally, but they said I had to take the bike in for a physical inspection. The reason I would want to get my plate is if Don could send me the paperwork (it would have to be notarized--remember that conversation, Jerry?) but I could pick up the bike with a plate to bolt on and ride it back to Yuma. Yes, taking the side roads of course...

As far as top speeds go, that is great to hear it can hit 65 to 70. Caesar with Small Engine Velocity was hitting 60+ GPS verified with literally dozens of miles on the odometer from new; he said it had more throttle, but it was not broken in yet, so he didn't want to push it. I mean, and not to discredit all the Hawks out there; heck most any other brand including Bashan and CSC, it seems they can't hit 70 very often, and those are 223cc +. Again, not starting anything, but it is nice that the 200cc Lifan is hitting 65 to 70. Then again, when the Lifan GY200-5 was the Hawk of the mid-2000s as far as sales went, it came stock with 17/46 gearing, and people were hitting 65 or more, but I cannot recall if GPS was in vogue, so perhaps were people relying on their stock speedos.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-13-2020, 08:10 AM   #18

I bought my Hawk and a UTV from Don. I had a great experience with him both before the sale and after. That was over three years ago and he will still will pick up his phone or email me to talk. He had bad dealing a few years ago when the Bashan Enforcer first came available. He was told they were in stock and had made some sales only to find out they were still in customs. Yes it pissed off a bunch of people but was something that was out of his control. That's why he waited to confirm the KPM200 was in and not damaged before updating the website. I would buy from him again.

This is my first experience with Venom and it has been a pleasure dealing with these guys. Believe me I was probably being a PITA with all the questions I had asked. lol But Moose and Vince had answered every question I had asked and kept me up to date on the progress on my bike delivery. Which BTW should be coming today. I just have to set up an appointment for delivery.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-13-2020, 08:23 AM   #19

yes i agree, vince 'vinny' is absolutely the best to communicate with. believe me, i have been around the block with chonda dealers. some could call me a chonda slut. hee hee. yes venom has always treated me with respect and respond well to my questions. vince remembers people too.

don will not respond to my shipping quotes to nashville on the kpm 200 cafe.... vinny and i are curious....

Old 02-13-2020, 08:30 AM   #20

I like that Venom gives you the shipped to your door price up front and MCO is delivered with the bike so you can register it the same day. I got the BOS before the bike so I already have it insured because I had the VIN. We have a Notary/Tag shop just around the corner from my office so it will be registered and tagged as soon as the bike gets here.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-13-2020, 08:42 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
don will not respond to my shipping quotes to nashville on the kpm 200 cafe.... vinny and i are curious....
I see Don changed the his website a little. He use to have a link to the shipping calculator with the weight and crate size so you could calculate the exact shipping cost and had options like tailgate service for home delivery or could pick up at loading dock near you. That way you could get the lowest cost.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-13-2020, 09:46 AM   #22

yoycart has accessories for the kpm200 cafe

this is something my tall self would use:
https://www.yoycart.com/Product/609617519906/

Old 02-13-2020, 12:42 PM   #23

per don on the shipping charge to nashville area:

The shipping cost on the 2020 Kifan KPM 200 Café Racer to a commercial location with dock is $221.00 (Roadrunner Transportation 6 business days eta excluding day of pickup), Home Delivery w/Liftgate Service cost is $276.00 (Roadrunner Transportation 6 business days eta excluding day of pickup). The registration document set (MCO, BOS & ODS) is sent by USPS, filled out complete, to the desired registering owner. We ask you send by e-mail the vin number along with name and address of the person needed on these documents. Thank You.
that is $2470 total delivered price according to online retail price he has plus the quoted shipping.
taxes tags registration title prolly near $250 more, and using cc paypal may be 3% more not sure yet

Old 02-13-2020, 07:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
that is $2470 total delivered price according to online retail price he has plus the quoted shipping.
taxes tags registration title prolly near $250 more, and using cc paypal may be 3% more not sure yet
Not bad considering this isn't some leftover KPR200 or KP200 that have been popping up on various websites for $2200. This is a brand new model, and one that might get some extra sales from hipsters who live in urban areas like downtown Los Angeles. When I had my side job delivering in DTLA (before I 'made it to Hollywood' at Joe's Pizza, ), there were several SYM Wolfs and a few other higher quality Taiwanese smaller displacement bikes I used to see. Considering the KPR200 and KP200 were at first selling in the upper $2k's (advertised at $2999, or am I mistaken?), $2500 delivered would be a good deal for this bike, I think. The brand and engine are a known, meaning it should be a good bike like the KPR and KP.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-13-2020, 08:37 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Not bad considering this isn't some leftover KPR200 or KP200 that have been popping up on various websites for $2200. This is a brand new model, and one that might get some extra sales from hipsters who live in urban areas like downtown Los Angeles. When I had my side job delivering in DTLA (before I 'made it to Hollywood' at Joe's Pizza, ), there were several SYM Wolfs and a few other higher quality Taiwanese smaller displacement bikes I used to see. Considering the KPR200 and KP200 were at first selling in the upper $2k's (advertised at $2999, or am I mistaken?), $2500 delivered would be a good deal for this bike, I think. The brand and engine are a known, meaning it should be a good bike like the KPR and KP.
i went with venom on the lifan cafe. shomc seems a little off to me. i realy think its the timing and they are in transition to brick and mortar in which is their focus now. i now think it was a bait n switch somehow bc he never replied to me about how to pay. i think they just take checking debit now. makes me nervous if something goes array i dont have protection of visa mastercard paypal recourse. it may have worked out with them but something is amiss.