Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt

Old 10-22-2016, 02:57 PM   #1

Apollo AGB (or is is ABG?) -36 Max Load 396# - realistic?

Specs on txpowersport and another site I checked list "Max Load 396#". Roketa site lists 440#!

My first thought was they mean gross weight but then the carrying capacity would only be a bit less than 140# which doesn't seem likely. Is the max load they claim realistic?

Not that I'm thinking about loading that heavy, however I am a bit of a sasquatch and would need to carry about 30# of gear with me. I'd just be exploring the desert, no jumps and not a speed demon.

Old 10-22-2016, 03:21 PM   #2

The reviews I have read say the Apollo 36 is a surprisingly big, heavy, tall bike so the max weight doesn't surprise me. I would think youre good to go.

/

Old 10-22-2016, 03:41 PM   #3

Thanks.. Further digging has turned up 440# and 400# elsewhere. Specs don't seem to indicate particularly tall, however at 6'2" I'm sure it'll be fine.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:09 PM   #4

I am 5'9 and it fits me about perfectly. So at 6'2 it might feel a little short for you.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsire79 View Post
I am 5'9 and it fits me about perfectly. So at 6'2 it might feel a little short for you.
The kind of riding I'll be doing having a shorter bike is a good idea, nothing like being in an off camber situation and unable to find ground with a foot. It would also be fairly easy to raise the rear with a shorter suspension link, and I should be able to find a new front end if necessary.

Thanks for the info though, the more informed the better I figure.. still haven't pulled the trigger.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:30 PM   #6

Anything else you want to know just ask I bought mine 2 months ago and I have done some upgrading on it but overall it is a pretty solid bike considering how cheap it was.

Old 10-22-2016, 11:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Anything else you want to know just ask I bought mine 2 months ago and I have done some upgrading on it but overall it is a pretty solid bike considering how cheap it was.
Thanks. My main problem is what I really want doesn't exist.. big bore air cooled in a beefy frame..something like an XR650R.. there are some used for sale but out here everyone seems to think their 20 year old dirt bikes are work $5000.. which is ridiculous. So I'm searching out every corner I can ;-)

Old 10-23-2016, 08:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Does it have a spark arrestor?

Old 10-23-2016, 10:35 PM   #9

Someone on youtube doing an ongoing review of the Apollo stated that it is not a full-size bike, but rather a slightly bigger pit bike. I have never seen the bike in person, so cannot attest or rebut that statement, but that is what he stated. I still cannot imagine the weight limited to 150 or so pounds, but 400 or more seems too heavy.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-23-2016, 11:36 PM   #10

I put a FMF turbocore 2 spark arrestor on it. I checked out the stock one and it does appear to have a spark arrestor as well. I was going to change it out anyway aftermarket breaths a lot better and is much lighter.