Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2016, 08:33 AM   #31

Do they have a dual sport?

Old 11-20-2016, 10:59 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The latest EPA/DOT 'on-highway' motorcycle list for 2017 was updated this month, and the KP/KPR200 were on the list as being approved! I can hear the collective excitement for the 200's now...

All kidding aside, the bike shows it will hit about 75 mph on various foreign language videos I have found on youtube (124 kph on a Russian video where it races a Loncin 250 which achieved 119 kph), is liquid-cooled and has fuel-injection. Still seems boring as heck, but I would still use the non-fairing one (KP200) as my daily rider if they release it at $2k MSRP like I heard it is supposed to be. Or if my friend who knows the main man at American Lifan could convince him to loan me one for real-world data riding back and forth to work in the middle of summer...
On that efi ,cooled 200, I guess the question to ponder is what is the claimed hp? That (hp) is what enables the highway cruzeability. Is it an overhead cam also?

Yep, get your blog on and become the next everide (...NOT!).
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 11-20-2016, 11:43 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
Do they have a dual sport?
Not yet--I expect the 'X-Pect' (couldn't resist) will be on the next 2017 EPA/DOT list, and perhaps at the same time their KPmini 150 (the Grom-like bike, but with a vertical 150cc engine which is about their only 'exciting' bike they show on their website) could also get certified.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-20-2016, 11:54 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
On that efi ,cooled 200, I guess the question to ponder is what is the claimed hp? That (hp) is what enables the highway cruzeability. Is it an overhead cam also?

Yep, get your blog on and become the next everide (...NOT!).
I know very little about bikes--I could probably make a GREAT v-logger!!

I would not doubt the horsepower number seeing as this bike (and the 150cc version) hits in the mid 60's to 75 mph when tested on many videos that I cannot understand since they are in various other languages (they video the speedo and they seem to be fairly consistent worldwide as far as KPH goes which I convert via Google to MPH).

The 150cc version is winning many races in the domestic 150cc class in China, so that gives it some credibility. The 200's were their next step up. The only thing holding anything back is what, if any, things they had to tweak to pass the EPA certification vs. Russia, Turkey, Bangledash or Mexico (some of the videos I have watched).

According to specs, it is a SOHC http://americanlifan.com/kpr-200/ (click on specifications)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-01-2017, 11:37 PM   #35

Looks like they FINALLY updated their site--specs, information and some extra photos, and they show their 'city car' 4 wheel electric car thingy.

On first glance, seem 'boring' but when you really look at what they offer, it is apparent they are rolling out their products in the US in a cautious way. I think their enduro will be a game-changer-ish bike like the TT250. Their old GY 5 enduro was highly regarded and had a sense of quality above most every other Chinese bike at the time.

I still wonder why they are sticking with a fuel-injected, 6 speed 200cc as their brand leader, but I do like that bike for what it is.

Their Mini 150 is sure to throw the mini (clownbike? right Blackbike? I think you coined that term...)bike world on its head--150cc, vertical engine, 5 speed--theoretically freeway legal in California, AND "To top it off Lifan offers a 2-year “Fender to Fender” warranty with unlimited miles all at an amazing price."

http://americanlifan.com/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-02-2017, 01:49 AM   #36

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-02-2017, 06:31 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I KNEW you'd like Lifan in the end!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-02-2017, 10:30 AM   #38

Cautiously is a good word. Lifan was about the best you could get back in the day, besides the Zong Sierra,

The dual sport doesn't do a lot for me. Standard forks, rear drum and a non-balanced engine. It seems there's other, better options out there for cheap. Not sure how Lifan will price this but at least they're willing to play again.

The V-twin street bike looks virtually unchanged.....but the little Grom unit looks cool.
I can't see their crotch rocket going up against the RC3 with only a 17hp 200 though.

Again, I'm glad they're playing, but it appears they need to step up their game a bit.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-02-2017, 12:05 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Cautiously is a good word. Lifan was about the best you could get back in the day, besides the Zong Sierra,

The dual sport doesn't do a lot for me. Standard forks, rear drum and a non-balanced engine. It seems there's other, better options out there for cheap. Not sure how Lifan will price this but at least they're willing to play again.

The V-twin street bike looks virtually unchanged.....but the little Grom unit looks cool.
I can't see their crotch rocket going up against the RC3 with only a 17hp 200 though.

Again, I'm glad they're playing, but it appears they need to step up their game a bit.
In my older years, the thought of their standard KP200 as my primary commuter is thrilling to me. Boring and slow, but capable of 70+ mph is all I really need. With the political climate the past 8, one of the few things I got out of it that I agreed with was being 'minimalist.' The standard KP200 fits that bill for me nicely. It really has to do with Yuma, and its layout, and of course, my daily commute. Price will be the ultimate deciding factor for me, however, just as how 'perfect' this bike will be for me.

I would love to get one of these clown-bike (calling it that in Blackbike's honor) Grom-like bikes, but not sure how it will really fit in overall other than costing me money. I do believe that their version will out Grom the Grom and Kawasaki with their larger, vertical thumper and 5 speeds.

Their X-pect endure was not the model I would have picked considering they have a few to pick from (look at Mexico's Lifan site where they have 2 different endures as but one example, not to mention their headquarter site in China), and I really believe they should have offered a rack, but if one can bolt on an optional top case, I would be happy. Which leads me to say that I would be happy to buy both of these bikes for a good price, and I will live happily ever after until retirement when I can purchase something really overpriced and overdone!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-02-2017, 02:51 PM   #40

Quote:
I KNEW you'd like Lifan in the end!

love lifan, have the 167ffm Lifan counterbal engine. the best part of the bike. just not sure , as you have mentioned, as of why they didn't carry this 229 mill over to their new fuel injected products line???

that 196cc fi produces 14hp. mine (229) gets about the same hp but not as fuel efficient as is stated for the 196cc.

also, the 196cc is overhead cam

am thinking (as they actually state) they want to stay in the beginners market and dont want to directly compete with the hondas etc of the world.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:31 PM   #41

The 2017 EPA/DOT approved bikes' list was just updated this month, and it looks like American Lifan has a third bike approved now--he KP Mini 150. It will be a game changer in the mini motorcycle class with its 5-speed tranny and 150cc vertical (vs. horizontal) engine.

The other two (actually 3) bikes are the KP 200 standard, the KPR 200 sports bike, and one not even shown on their site--the S Ray 150cc scooter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lifan-kp-mini-motorcycle-mainjpg.jpg (95.5 KB, 313 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-24-2017, 11:53 PM   #42

Quote:
S Ray 150cc scooter
Images of S Ray 50 . . appears to offer an outboard foot position.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:55 AM   #43

I called American Lifan today,and the gentleman who answered could not give me any precise dates for any of their bikes. He did assure me that the S Ray scooter had not been added to their updated site, yet, and not dropped.

When I asked about Arizona or California dealers (Yuma is literally half way between Phoenix and San Diego so I could shop either city; NO ONE would be considering a dealership here in Yuma, so I didn't even ask), I got an interesting, and for some, disappointing, answer--there were no firm dealers in Phoenix, or anywhere in Arizona. As far as California goes, they are not CARB certified, nor plan to be anytime soon!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150