Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2014, 12:27 AM   #1

shock absorber hose severed

has any one ever replaced the hose between the rear shock and reservoir before, both parts are in good shape but the hose between them is split in two. if i replace the hose, how do i refill it with oil and re-pressurize it?

Old 10-20-2014, 12:39 AM   #2

I don't even have a remote reservoir shock. I'm sorry that I won't be much help, but I'll certainly be watching to learn about your experience.

I'm betting that there's a Youtube vid on the topic.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #3

my mechanic and i (mostly him) think that it can be done but neither of us has worked with a shock with reservoir, we know it may still be under pressure but not certain. we both like to try new things even if only just to learn a bit. not sure of levels of oil or nitrogen pressure for this particular application or if its even rebuildable. could go the easy route and buy a replacement and bolt it on but wheres the fun in that? so if anyone has any experience, id love to here it! thanks weldngrind, will def. try to keep updated!

Old 10-20-2014, 03:18 PM   #4

I found a really good vid on shock rebuilding; perhaps this will help, even though it's not a remote reservoir.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer