Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #1

200cc CDI's for CG vertical engines

Hello all. i am looking to get a new CDI for my 163FML cg based vertical engine. Do any of you have experience with aftermarket CDI's for this engine? i found 4 different ones here: http://www.atvpartsmax.com/index.php...Type/ATV-PARTS i am wondering if any of them actually adjust the timing curve, or if they only remove the rev limiter. thank you

Old 11-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #2

I have one on my pushrod 200 quad, but I didn't try to quantify the difference. It was a gift from TurboT; I likely wouldn't have bought one.

According to Humanbeing, the performance CDI's have a steeper ignition advance, and they remove the rev limiter. To me, a rev limiter on a pushrod motor is a good thing.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #3

yes, i dont really care about the rev limiter removal, just the timing advancement. it would be too way to over-rev my standard 4speed atv on accident. ill have to give this one some more thought. i was hoping there would be a cdi with timing improvements that maintained the rev limiter. i have a cheap digital RPM/hour meter that has been laying around. i got it on ebay for $6 or so on ebay a year ago. Has anyone installed a decent tach on these engine? it would be nice to have one with a non-limited CDI

Old 11-29-2014, 03:39 PM   #4

I haven't tried a tach, but I'd be interested in what the safe rev range is.

Ask HB for guidance on CDI's. He's the man. http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13773

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-29-2014, 07:16 PM   #5

Write ur own curve if possible. Dirt bike / ATV needs suitable curve for steep climb... than those racing machine.
http://www.motoyes.net/bbs/forum.php...&authorid=2790
Typical stock CG

For heavy-loaded 3-wheeler

---
Current version can store 4 curves / Software interference in English (that guy had SE Asia client)
---

Old 11-30-2014, 12:51 AM   #6

That would be great to have adjustable timing curve! I did not see any way to download a software or what hardware it was used on though.

https://translate.googleusercontent....20nWzdSLAUuk2g

Old 11-30-2014, 06:06 AM   #7

Current = Version 5 | http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3289740994

Old 11-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #8

I found a video link at the bottom of the TB page: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTg0ODAyMTcy.html

I spotted the English button on the lower right corner of the graph. It would sure be nice to see English labels on the screen to fully understand.

HB, does this software only affect curve, and limit total advance to 20 degrees? That sounds low to me.

Old 11-30-2014, 06:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
HB, does this software only affect curve, and limit total advance to 20 degrees? That sounds low to me.
Contact (PM him at that forum) the "developer" for details. He writes passable English when found out that Portuguese don't read ANY chinese & solved the problem as http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...CDI-Help/page2
The previous version:

Trigger Polarity: + Honda/ Suzuki - Yamaha

Old 11-30-2014, 09:48 PM   #10

this software looks VERY good! it seems like it would be just too difficult to acquire everything needed. i live in Dallas Tx. Im not very good at translating all of this stuff

Old 12-01-2014, 11:14 AM   #11

TheGageinator, do you mean buying from Taobao? If so, that's the easy part. Please confirm, because we'd be happy to guide you through the process. I've placed several orders without a hitch.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:33 PM   #12

Oh really? Yes that is what I meant. The only time I ordered something from China, I got a strapless bra instead of a scope mount. Haha. I would have 0 hesitations if this product were on eBay or something. I wonder how easy to use the software would be in English. I would be willing to invest the $ and find out

Old 12-01-2014, 10:39 PM   #13

Step 1: go to www.taobaotrends.com and open an account (it's free).
Step 2: use Google Chrome and visit www.taobao.com. Allow it to translate automatically. Keep your searches to one term if possible, like CG200.
Step 3: When you find an item that you want, copy and paste the URL into the TaobaoTrends order page. Add as many items as you wish, then hit checkout.
Step 4: Wait for them to acknowledge the order, and request the initial payment.
Step 5: Pay and wait... The payment you made will allow them to buy the items and have them shipped to their warehouse.
Step 6: Once all of the goods are in, they will advise you and give you a new invoice that covers shipping to your address. Pay that, and you're done. They will also take pics of the goods if you wish, to help you confirm that everything is what you wanted.

DHL literally only takes a few days, and EMS takes about 10 days to two weeks.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:07 PM   #14

wow this is more than i could ask for! thank you for the great reply and explanation. would be great to have this stickied...

i will buy some things and document my experience

Old 12-01-2014, 11:14 PM   #15

Yes, please let us know how it works for you.

Tags
cdi, ignition, performance cdi, timing curve