Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2022, 06:59 PM   #61

The seat cushion works. Now I can sit farther back so my knee doesn't hit the throttle cable elbow. Normally I don't like air cushions but in this case it's bringing the front seat height up to the level of the ridge so I'm mostly sitting behind it. It comes with straps but because of how the bottom of the seat sits on the storage compartment they won't work. Instead I mounted it with nano tape. Amazing and useful stuff.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/16554711078...mis&media=COPY

Rode another 75 miles on tight twisty single lane paved forest service roads this morning and the EFI system feels perfect with the resistor added to the thermistor.

Nothing like a scooter for handling on tight twisty roads.

Old 07-19-2022, 05:34 PM   #62

Under the

Old 07-24-2022, 03:32 AM   #63

I installed a 150 ohm resister in series with the thermister and no check engine light in 85-90 degree weather. I have 300 miles on it now and ready for the first oil change. I really like this scooter. I wish the manufacturer was more involved in helping owners get technical info and parts. That's my only major complaint. Do you think the speedo calibration procedure would be in the Honda Click 150 service manual?

Old 07-24-2022, 06:40 AM   #64

The lack of technical info is par for the course for Chinese bikes. No idea if the Click service manual would have the speedo calibration info, likely it's different anyway. Good to hear the 150 ohm resistor works too.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:47 PM   #65

It's almost impossible to find any K block GY6 or GY7 (whatever it is) parts. I suppose the main wear items will be in the top end and I have seen those at a few places online. A standard GY6 61mm big bore cylinder/head bolt spacing is different and the cam tower and cam also diff. This Lifan LF 161 qmk that they stuck in there appears to be a dinosaur from the start. The variator is weird 17mm id but, the clutch and cvt belt is standard.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:29 AM   #66

I took a nice pre dawn ride this morning and it does feel like it's starting to gain a little bit of zip as it wears in. The stock rollers seem fine to me but I have no experience with the Dr Pulley sliders or changing roller weight. Being able to slide back on the seat now with the pad has made it more comfortable and the throttle elbow hitting my knee in a turn is less of a concern.

Old 07-26-2022, 06:52 PM   #67

What octane are you running in your Clash? I've been using 91 and fires right up. I don't think it has extraordinarily high compression so maybe 89 will work. Either way it's great to fill it up for $5 or 6 and be full tank!

Old 07-26-2022, 09:36 PM   #68

My knees hit the wind guard unless I move back to about the middle of the seat. Then I slide forward a little after each stop. Oh Well!

Old 07-26-2022, 09:37 PM   #69

Regular 87, cheapest I can find. The manual says 91 which is the European rating equivalent to 87 US.

Old 08-15-2022, 02:18 AM   #70

I figured the Odo would be off just like the Speedo. I was messing with various 3 digit codes to try and get into setup but, no luck. Have you tried any Pass codes? The manufacturer sure isn't at all helpful. They just don't reply or answer with BS. And Cougar isn't any help at all nor is Saferwholsale where I purchased it from. I connected a code reader to the connector under the front cover and it reads basic info but, can't change anything.

Old 08-15-2022, 07:40 AM   #71

I got no response from the retailer or the manufacturer on the pass code and haven't spent any more time trying to guess. If this particular speedo unit becomes common on scooters in the future maybe someone will find the info but in the meantime it's running just fine with the resistor installed. Would be nice to have an accurate speedo though.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:52 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Under the
Do you know where to get a valve cover gasket? I heard a little tapping. Adjusted the valves. Sounds great. The valve cover leaked. Wound up using gasket maker first on valve cover grove side only. The leak stopped. Wouldn't mind having a couple of these for later. Also heard the clutches and variators are different than the usual GY6. Not sure where to get those other than maybe the dealer I bought from. I want better quality. I feel slight chattering at different ranges of speed. Maybe normal. 700miles.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:08 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedInfo200 View Post
What octane are you running in your Clash? I've been using 91 and fires right up. I don't think it has extraordinarily high compression so maybe 89 will work. Either way it's great to fill it up for $5 or 6 and be full tank!
I'm just buying Non-ethanol 91-93 and also adding Lucas fuel inj cleaner. I have a gallon of it anyway already. Only about 6-8 dollars a week running around town. Wanted to buy a used scooter but saw how much the wanted for them. New is better in this environment. Seeing more on the road now. Just hope they don't start legislating more rules and regulations than they have already.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:18 PM   #74

Another thing you can do is take the seat compartment out and order a sheet of foam heat blocking material. Sticks on one side and aluminum foil look to the outside. Apply in sections to the engine side. Stopped the heat inside the seat compartment. My raincoat, phones and tool kit were getting really hot until I did that.

Old 08-16-2022, 12:51 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedInfo200 View Post
I figured the Odo would be off just like the Speedo. I was messing with various 3 digit codes to try and get into setup but, no luck. Have you tried any Pass codes? The manufacturer sure isn't at all helpful. They just don't reply or answer with BS. And Cougar isn't any help at all nor is Saferwholsale where I purchased it from. I connected a code reader to the connector under the front cover and it reads basic info but, can't change anything.
What kind of code reader? Where to buy.