Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2022, 05:56 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedInfo200 View Post
I just replaced my belt (Gates China) with a Bando kevlar size 842/20/30.
I bought2 and I'll sell the extra for $20 including shipping if you are in the USA. Don't buy the cheap $10 or $15 Chinese shredder belts.
Let me know. Don
Thank you so much. I pmed you.
At what speed do you max out at? I gotten mine up to 71 mph on a good day. I usually max out at 67. Thanks

Old 06-21-2022, 08:58 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedInfo200 View Post
I'm enjoying my scooter so far. It is smooth and quiet and fires right up on a cold start.

I have replaced the Variator weights with 14 gram Dr pulley sliders and replaced the chino gates belt with a Bando brand. What a difference no more slipping on acceleration.

Does anyone have the speedo calibration procedure? Also I get a check engine light after riding over 55mph for over a few minutes anyone else? Still runs fine and light goes off after a while. Sometimes I get a misfire at certain throttle positions around mid and full. I did replace the plug with a NGK but no difference.

Where do Clash 200 owners get service and technical information for these bikes?

Any info would help greatly!

Don't know yet where to get tech info but I expect it will be available as more scooters are equipped with EFI.

Mine has never misfired and the check engine light hasn't come on.

Haven't yet taken the time to see if the speedo can be calibrated but did hold in one of the buttons while turning on the ignition and found another screen that may have been for adjustments. Will fiddle with it when I have time.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:15 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEmBlind View Post
I took it all apart which was easy. I didn't have to remove the peg but I did take a bolt off by the peg and it dropped it enough to remove the cover. Does anyone know what size belt it is? Thanks in advance.

Can you flesh this out a bit? What does it mean in this context?

Past: 2012 Honda NC700x, 2014 Taotao ATM-50-A1, 2014 Taotao Evo, 19?? Honda Spree 50, 1982 Katana 550

Old 06-21-2022, 10:48 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratermus View Post
Can you flesh this out a bit? What does it mean in this context?
I had a problem removing the CVT cover due to the left peg being in the way. I looked to see if the peg bar was removable and while looking inside I saw a big bolt, Cant miss it. I forgot what size but I removed it and it seemed to drop the engine and cvt down just enough to clear the peg so I can wiggle the cover off. I hope that helps.

Old 06-22-2022, 12:20 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEmBlind View Post
I forgot what size but I removed it and it seemed to drop the engine and cvt down just enough to clear the peg so I can wiggle the cover off. I hope that helps.

Yes, thank you.

Past: 2012 Honda NC700x, 2014 Taotao ATM-50-A1, 2014 Taotao Evo, 19?? Honda Spree 50, 1982 Katana 550

Old 06-23-2022, 01:25 AM   #51

Calibration/Missfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Don't know yet where to get tech info but I expect it will be available as more scooters are equipped with EFI.

Mine has never misfired and the check engine light hasn't come on.

Haven't yet taken the time to see if the speedo can be calibrated but did hold in one of the buttons while turning on the ignition and found another screen that may have been for adjustments. Will fiddle with it when I have time.

I'm in California and I have a 2021 model GT1. Probably has different EFI ecm software. I may have figured out the check engine light and misfire issue. Still doing run check and so far no issues.

Old 06-28-2022, 01:38 AM   #52

Just clicked over 200 miles and 2 1/2 tanks of gas. Seems to be running better as it breaks in. I'm using full throttle now on short bursts and I've had it up to about 62mph on straight and level road. I replaced the china Gates shredder belt with a Kevlar Bando and 14 gram Dr pulley slider weights lubed with powdered graphite. I really like this scooter. It's smooth, quiet, nimble, and has enough power for around town. Very easy to park and easy on the wallet at fill up time with premium $6.57 here at Exxon! But the guy filling his truck with a V8 was jealous in a joking way!

Old 07-04-2022, 07:43 AM   #53

I needed a USB charging port for my phone so I installed one of these under the front cover. https://www.ebay.com/itm/19421422120...mis&media=COPY

For some reason I couldn't find a good ground or a switched positive up there so I had to run both a positive and negative lead directly to the battery by fishing them through the plastic body using a piece of wire. I mounted one of the USB female sockets above the left hand pocket in front of the riders knee where there is a rectangular rubber plug. Also added a weather proof toggle switch next to the plug and a 5 amp fuse next to the battery.

Old 07-06-2022, 09:14 AM   #54

I've emailed Vitacci and Taizhou Qianxin to ask for the pas code to calibrate the speedometer. I'll post it if they respond.

BTW the 100 ohm resistor that I put in series with the cylinder head thermistor seems to be working, check engine light hasn't come on since it was installed. It's been cool here so we'll see how it works once the weather warms up.

Old 07-07-2022, 12:09 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I needed a USB charging port for my phone so I installed one of these under the front cover. https://www.ebay.com/itm/19421422120...mis&media=COPY

For some reason I couldn't find a good ground or a switched positive up there so I had to run both a positive and negative lead directly to the battery by fishing them through the plastic body using a piece of wire. I mounted one of the USB female sockets above the left hand pocket in front of the riders knee where there is a rectangular rubber plug. Also added a weather proof toggle switch next to the plug and a 5 amp fuse next to the battery.
Would you be able to post pictures of the finish product on the USB please.

Old 07-07-2022, 09:59 PM   #56

Difficult to post pics on this forum with the size restrictions. Not much to see anyway, just USB port where the rubber plug used to be and a toggle switch just below it.

Rode about 75 miles today on mountain roads and the check engine light didn't come on, so the 100 ohm resistor may have done the trick.

Old 07-08-2022, 08:29 AM   #57

Old 07-08-2022, 10:27 AM   #58

Very nice. Where did you mount your phone at? Thanks

Old 07-08-2022, 05:13 PM   #59

Old 07-12-2022, 08:39 AM   #60

Approaching 500 miles now and adding the 100 ohm resistor to the cylinder head thermistor has apparently solved the check engine light issue. On a couple ~50 mile rides on 80°+ days, on very steep roads in the Cascade Mountains it ran perfectly.

I was somewhat skeptical that this CVT scooter would climb steep hills at low speeds without slipping the clutch but it did fine. I'm talking winding single lane paved forest service roads of around 15% grade at speeds under 20 mph.

The next issue is the throttle cable elbow hitting my knee. I've ordered a seat pad that I think will allow me to slide farther back on the seat without the hump getting in the way.