Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2021, 09:07 PM   #1

Thumbs Up "new" bikes from CSC

It looks like CSC is offering two "custom builds" of the TT 250 on their website.

One is a dual sport and the other is a supermoto.

I'm curious what the current CSC owners and modifiers think of these options? Personally I like the looks of the sumo version. I LOVE the blue on white, but I don't know about the smaller than stock rear sprocket. I understand that the idea of a smaller sprocket is to give it more space for higher speeds but in my mind sumos should have a good amount of torque for hooliganism. Does anyone have experience with these new brake rotors and tires they put on it?

Curious what the community thinks.

also hi I'm a long time lurker first time poster!

Old 11-07-2021, 09:27 PM   #2

I saw SM versions before I bought mine. I liked the idea but really wanted a dualsport. I figured if I wanted a street setup, I could do it for less than the $1000+ bucks or so for their rims, sprocket, rotor and tires. It’s a fair amount of work but can definitely be done for less money, plus you still have wheels & tires for dualsport mode. I went with a 46T sprocket, figured I’d keep a pinch of the low end quickness. It is better on the street, the little extra in every gear makes a difference.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.ph...204#post368204

Old 11-07-2021, 09:58 PM   #3

Honestly, it’s not like you’ll be tearing it up popping wheelies with the 50T and lose that with the 45T. We are talking about 16hp. It will never be Supermoto, mediocre moto at best. I just wanted more fun in the twisties and didn’t want to wear out my knobbies riding around on the street. The Ninja wheels are a dime a dozen on ebay, it’s too bad they’re only 16” but I used a bit taller tires to make the hight basically the same.

Old 11-07-2021, 10:28 PM   #4

4433.45 shipped is getting a tad steep for a china dual sport……
And I’m not a cheap bastard. I can swap wheels way better than this……. That kind of money you are getting into used DRZ 400SM territory. They are out there if you look, 5 times the bike

Old 11-07-2021, 11:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDude View Post
I saw SM versions before I bought mine. I liked the idea but really wanted a dualsport. I figured if I wanted a street setup, I could do it for less than the $1000+ bucks or so for their rims, sprocket, rotor and tires. It’s a fair amount of work but can definitely be done for less money, plus you still have wheels & tires for dualsport mode. I went with a 46T sprocket, figured I’d keep a pinch of the low end quickness. It is better on the street, the little extra in every gear makes a difference.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.ph...204#post368204
your bike looks really great! which gen ninja wheels are you using? did it take any extra modifying to get them to fit? It's good to hear the 46T doesn't get rid of low end power, how fast does it feel comfortable going with that setup?

Old 11-07-2021, 11:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
4433.45 shipped is getting a tad steep for a china dual sport……
And I’m not a cheap bastard. I can swap wheels way better than this……. That kind of money you are getting into used DRZ 400SM territory. They are out there if you look, 5 times the bike
It's definitely too rich for my blood, that price is quickly approaching used Japanese market but I'm more curious about the modifications that CSC is describing as their "most popular". If I get a china bike I expect to spend some money to get it to where I want it instead of keeping it stock

Old 11-07-2021, 11:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaga View Post
your bike looks really great! which gen ninja wheels are you using? did it take any extra modifying to get them to fit? It's good to hear the 46T doesn't get rid of low end power, how fast does it feel comfortable going with that setup?
Your bike does look excellent, btw…. Great job!

Old 11-07-2021, 11:31 PM   #8

Thanks, I like mine better than CSC’s and probably have spent 4-$500 when it’s done. 98-07 wheels, I will post specifics about spacing needed and things I might have done differently once it’s officially done, not quite there yet. My goal was to be fairly inexpensive and not modify the bike itself at all so I can go back to dualsport easily. Probably the trickiest part is getting the rotors lined up when the wheels are dead center. Ninja also runs a 520 chain so the rear 428 46T sprocket had to be special order for about $90. I’m down to getting the speedo working. If you do this swap try to get complete wheels with rotors, sprockets, spacers and all if possible. I used a Ninja rear spacer and will modify the Ninja speedo gear drive to work. I will need to buy a new CSC speedo gear to modify but it’s only $20. Hardest part was shaving 10mm or so off the Ninja rear rotor. I think you could buy a CSC rotor for $40 and a machine shop could re-drill it to fit the Ninja wheel.

Old 11-08-2021, 10:03 AM   #9

They're not in stock but this actually looks like a better bike. Counter balanced like the CSC, but the Exhaust, swingarm, kickstart and brake lever all appear to be higher quality. I may go by and see these guys since they're local to me. If I do I'll take a look at the wheels. They say the front doesn't fit the brozz 250 but I'll bet it would be an easier custom fit than the Ninja wheels, and I'll bet the rear bolts right on. Plus they are the correct size for SM setup. The 16" Ninja is only 2.15 front which limits you to a 110/90 on the front. Anything else is tiny looking and too short, drops the front end too much.

https://brozz250.com/Motorcycles-Bas...b-aad901273dd1

https://shop.brozz250.com/eshopprod_..._Wheel_Set.htm

https://shop.brozz250.com/eshopprod_...l_Assembly.htm

https://shop.brozz250.com/eshopprod_...l_Assembly.htm

Tags
csc, csc tt250, tt250