Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street

Old 12-06-2017, 11:45 PM   #16

Watch the video; it is easier than it sounds. Can you post the link to the video here? I have heard of the K-Pipe, and from what I understand it is an okay bike, but in a 4 way comparison between a SSR Razkull 125 (Chinese Grom clone-ish bike), a Honda Grom, and a Kawasaki z125, it lost. Not because it is bad, but because the reviewers felt the others were better. However, one of our members just recently took ownership of the new Kymco Spade, a bike that kind of came out of left field following the Spade (seemingly no notice prior to launch--it just kind of arrived and stole the K-Pipe thunder).

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19951

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-07-2017, 12:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Watch the video; it is easier than it sounds. Can you post the link to the video here? I have heard of the K-Pipe, and from what I understand it is an okay bike, but in a 4 way comparison between a SSR Razkull 125 (Chinese Grom clone-ish bike), a Honda Grom, and a Kawasaki z125, it lost. Not because it is bad, but because the reviewers felt the others were better. However, one of our members just recently took ownership of the new Kymco Spade, a bike that kind of came out of left field following the Spade (seemingly no notice prior to launch--it just kind of arrived and stole the K-Pipe thunder).

Here's the link to the video. And you're right, it's a lot easier than it sounds. I just have to buy a feel gauge at AutoZone after work. Shame that that k-pipe didn't do so well but I've heard of the Spade. A dealer by my house sells them along with the k-pipe. I'd love one of those myself.

Old 12-07-2017, 05:26 PM   #18

Don't let me talk you out of the K-Pipe; the magazine is the online magazine--crap, forget the name, but they tested the 4 bikes in San Gabriel, or some small city in the San Gabriel Valley, and into the mountains, and then back down, so were doing some fun to cost scale of economics which is why the SSR Razkull won and K-Pipe lost. It wasn't the cheapest nor performed the best.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 12-07-2017, 09:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Don't let me talk you out of the K-Pipe; the magazine is the online magazine--crap, forget the name, but they tested the 4 bikes in San Gabriel, or some small city in the San Gabriel Valley, and into the mountains, and then back down, so were doing some fun to cost scale of economics which is why the SSR Razkull won and K-Pipe lost. It wasn't the cheapest nor performed the best.
Well thats why I was considering getting one. Since I live in one of the country's most congested cities, I want something small, cheap, and high mpgs to get around in. I do prefer the size of the k-pipe but the 1.2 gal tank does bother me. But I'll definitely consider the Spade or the Sym Wolf, mainly for the power. Ninjas and CBRs are way too common. I want to stand out

Old 12-07-2017, 10:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlendyMayne View Post
Well thats why I was considering getting one. Since I live in one of the country's most congested cities, I want something small, cheap, and high mpgs to get around in. I do prefer the size of the k-pipe but the 1.2 gal tank does bother me. But I'll definitely consider the Spade or the Sym Wolf, mainly for the power. Ninjas and CBRs are way too common. I want to stand out
Another Grom-like option, but uses a 12hp counterbalanced 150cc vertical engine like the Kymco Spade, is the Lifan KP150 Mini. Being a Lifan, it should be of very decent quality, and they retail new for around $2200-2300 ( sometimes more depending on the dealer). The only thing I don't know about, is if they are 50 state legal.

If you want something with 17 inch wheels like the K-pipe, and a little bit bigger than a Grom sized bike, the Lifan KP-200 would be the next step up. This would be a bike similar to your GS250, but it is water cooled and has a 6spd transmission.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
If you want something with 17 inch wheels like the K-pipe, and a little bit bigger than a Grom sized bike, the Lifan KP-200 would be the next step up. This would be a bike similar to your GS250, but it is water cooled and has a 6spd transmission.
What's the problem with water cooled engines?

Old 12-07-2017, 11:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlendyMayne View Post
What's the problem with water cooled engines?
He just means it won't be 'simple' like the air-cooled Chinese enduros many members have, or your air-cooled bike. I know I have seen the Lifan KP150 Mini advertised in the L.A. area Craigslist, as well as the Lifan KP200/KPR200, but when I last called Lifan a few weeks ago, the customer service rep did say that it was not CARB certified, while the two 200s and the S-Ray scooter are CARB certified. The KPR 200 (fairing) is similar in spirit to your bike (small-displacement sporty bike), but has fuel-injection and liquid-cooled engine as you were asking above.

If I move back to California, besides my TGB Express scooter, I am thinking of the Lifan KP200 (non-fairing) as cheap transpo.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 12-07-2017, 11:28 PM   #23

Here is the video--it was motorcycle.com I don't think there is anything wrong with the K-Pipe, unless it is overpriced, all things being equal. Use the advantages of the others to make a good deal.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 12-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #24

Quote:
Here is the video--it was motorcycle.com I don't think there is anything wrong with the K-Pipe, unless it is overpriced, all things being equal. Use the advantages of the others to make a good deal
Hmm it did give me good insight on the k-pipe. But after reminding me of the Spade, I might end up going that route. It's 1,000 bucks more but it'll perform much better

Old 12-08-2017, 07:13 PM   #25

Did you read the thread from SamM regarding his Spade? He seems to like it a lot. That will give you first person experience of the Spade.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 12-08-2017, 09:41 PM   #26

Yea I read through it, that's what's convincing me to go and check it out. I was considering the Sym wolf classic since it has a tad bit more power but the Spade has a hell of a lot more aftermarket support.

Old 12-10-2017, 03:36 PM   #27

Quick update. Turns out the valves were definitely too tight. They didn't even move until I adjusted them. I used the PDF service manual that I was given. And I also discovered where my oil leaks were coming from the valve caps! So now I'm going to go ahead and buy new o rings for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171210_123531.jpg (94.0 KB, 209 views)