Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2023, 05:16 PM   #1

Head Scratching Vitacci Clash 200 EFI Issues

I've had my Vitacci Clash 200 for less than 1 year and it's been working flawlessly for that time.

Recently, since the weather has been getting colder, it seemed like the Lithium battery was struggling a bit. It would crank and try to start but get to the point of such low voltage during this process that the clock would get reset.

After finally getting to to start this morning to run a few arrands. When I got home I put the battery on a conditioner but it just immediately said the battery was full. So I decided to use the battery that came with the scooter that was still brand new in the box. I connected it to the conditioner and it also said the battery was full.

I connected the battery to the scooter and the display showed 14.5v. Once again it cranks, but now the issue is that when I first turn the key I no longer hear the EFI making any noise.

Oddly there aren't any caution or error indicators on the LCD display. I also confirmed that I'm getting spark and even put in a new spark plug for good measure.

The primary issue that I'm seeing is that the EFI just isn't injucting fuel, thus no combustion.

I'm hoping it's not wiring since all the wires run tightly through a cable management hose. I would think that if it were electronic there would be an indicator on the LCD.

Any recommendations on this?

Old 12-04-2023, 05:33 PM   #2

Either the battery is going bad or you may just have a bad connection. Check all grounds and battery connection for corrosion of just loose connections.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-04-2023, 05:56 PM   #3

Forgot to mention that I tried three different batteries which seem to provide enough power for the starter and LCD display.

Definintely a bad connection somewhere to the EFI as I don't hear the sound I'm accustomed to hearing when first switching on the ignition.

I just have no idea about EFI. I can see the connections to it but all the cables eventually end up wrapped together. And the main wire harness sheathing is zip tied in several places to the frame. I honestly don't think it's anything with wiring.

What I'm wondering is if there's a controller box somewhere specifically for the EFI. I checked all the places that the wires lead to and the only box I see is for the spark plug connector. I supposed the controller box could be in the front of the scooter, but even then I don't know what I'm looking for or how to test it.

Old 12-04-2023, 06:42 PM   #4

Are you not hearing the fuel pump? If so I would check for power where the pump plugs into the wiring harness. Easy to access by removing the plastic piece above the tank. The plug has 4 wires, 2 for the float, 2 to power the pump.

Old 12-04-2023, 06:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Are you not hearing the fuel pump? If so I would check for power where the pump plugs into the wiring harness. Easy to access by removing the plastic piece above the tank. The plug has 4 wires, 2 for the float, 2 to power the pump.
I disconnected that cable and the fuel level display on the LCD started flashing, so it seems like that part has power, but I don't hear the EFI pump.

Old 12-04-2023, 09:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSYLUS View Post
I disconnected that cable and the fuel level display on the LCD started flashing, so it seems like that part has power, but I don't hear the EFI pump.
Should be 12v between the 2 wires that go to the pump when the key is on. If there is, then the pump has a problem. Easy to remove.

Old 12-04-2023, 09:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Should be 12v between the 2 wires that go to the pump when the key is on. If there is, then the pump has a problem. Easy to remove.
I haven't been able to find a wire schematic and there are four cables going into the connector. Two are for the fuel level sensor but I'm not sure which two. Also the connector slots are too small for my meter pins. Two of the wires are green but I'm not sure if they are positive or ground

Old 12-05-2023, 03:49 AM   #8

If you remove the pump from the tank you can see which wires go where.

Old 12-05-2023, 10:37 AM   #9

with my X pect that pump only runs for a few seconds when the ignition is turned on then continues when the engine is turned over while starting or running. Also on my X pect diagram there is a relay controlling the fuel pump and the colors going to my fuel pump are : 1 G and 2 W/R. I would also check for fuses.

Old 12-05-2023, 06:05 PM   #10

If this was a car and you did not hear the fuel pump and knew you had battery would you start pulling wiring diagrams, checking the EFI, changing spark plugs???

No, you would say the $0.75 fuel pump they got from who knows where in China had gone bad.

Pull the pump, or just hot wire it to the battery and see if it works.

EFI on a Chinese bike is about as smart as telling your wife she is fat.

Old 12-05-2023, 09:12 PM   #11

Come on ,shes not that fat. More to love.

Old 12-05-2023, 11:17 PM   #12

So I was able to run the voltage meter on the pump / fuel sensor connector, but out of the four pins I was only able to get a reading of 5V from two of them. Every other combination netted zero volts.

I'm trying to find the correct replacement assembly seen in the photo. I searched for that part but come up with several variants that either have more than one fuel output nozzle or only have a 3 pin connector.

I connected a battery directly to the fuel pump wires and it makes a noise for a second and then doesn't do anything more with each additional re-connection to power.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20231207_202407.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	30495   Click image for larger version

Name:	20231207_202416.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	30496  

Last edited by XSYLUS; 12-07-2023 at 11:30 PM.

Old 12-30-2023, 09:14 PM   #13

I just replaced the fuel pump assembly and it didn't fix the issue. I ordered an EFI ECU and just have to figure out how to get the side fairing off in order to access the mount for that ECU.

Here's hoping that's the part I need.

Old 01-18-2024, 08:43 PM   #14

Replaced the ECU and it's still a no go.

Old 01-19-2024, 09:01 AM   #15

Still sounds like a bad ground somewhere. Sorry, it has to be quite frustrating.
GasGas TXT 125

Tags
clash, efi, vitacci