Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 04-20-2014, 02:21 AM   #1

Saga 250 Enduro in Alberta, Canada

Hey guys and girls. I just picked up a Saga 250 Enduro and found this forum. It and mychinamoto seem like great resources with knowledgable contributors, so I look forward to learning a lot here.

Here's a few pictures of my bike:

I haven't done much to it. Just taken off most of the stickers and replaced a flat tire. Soon I'll be installing a CDI, but probably not much else for now.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:31 AM   #2

Welcome! You got one of the models where they had to add an Acerbis headlight to meet Transport Canada regs. Nice bike.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-20-2014, 02:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Welcome! You got one of the models where they had to add an Acerbis headlight to meet Transport Canada regs. Nice bike.
Yeah, I did. Thanks, I think it's pretty sharp looking. Unfortunately that acerbis headlight doesn't throw much light and it's pointing a little high. I'll probably have to drill some new holes so that it points at the road. I'm also looking for a replacement bulb that is brighter.

Oh, and I'll probably do up a rack and some boxes for a bit of cargo space.

I'm also looking for some fork protectors. Any recommendations?

Old 04-20-2014, 03:45 AM   #4

Spud has the H4 conversion figured out, so hopefully he'll chime in on the headlight.

Perhaps you'll find a China rack on eBay, or maybe a forum member here has one for sale.

I have two ideas for fork protection. It's a little hard to tell, but it looks like you have the mounting bosses on the bottom of the fork legs for plastic fork protectors. If that's the case, you'll likely find something at either www.bikebandit.com or www.rockymountainatvmc.com.

Another option is the soft Acerbis fork protectors, which simply attach with zip ties.

Where in Alberta are you?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Spud has the H4 conversion figured out, so hopefully he'll chime in on the headlight.

Perhaps you'll find a China rack on eBay, or maybe a forum member here has one for sale.

I have two ideas for fork protection. It's a little hard to tell, but it looks like you have the mounting bosses on the bottom of the fork legs for plastic fork protectors. If that's the case, you'll likely find something at either www.bikebandit.com or www.rockymountainatvmc.com.

Another option is the soft Acerbis fork protectors, which simply attach with zip ties.

Where in Alberta are you?
Thanks! Maybe I'll hit up Spud for some insight.

I was thinking about making up my own rack, but if there was one available that would do what I need, I'd gladly take it.

The forks do have mounting holes, and apparently the bike came with guards when it was brand new. But the PO either broke them or lost them, so I'll just have to find replacements. I'll check out those websites.

I'm in Spruce Grove, just outside Edmonton.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:29 AM   #6

Welcome; we are glad you joined us. That's a nice bike.

What type bulb does your Acerbis headlight employ? You can buy Honda/KTM fork guards, and attach them several ways. You can drill new holes to match the fork bosses, or you can trim the fork guards and attach them with hose clamps. I chose the latter method for my Zong. Check post #30 in the following thread.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6902&page=2

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiPowered View Post
I'm in Spruce Grove, just outside Edmonton.
I was raised in Sherwood Park. Haven't grown up yet.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #8

Hey there, I moved back to BC last summer after spending 4.5 yrs in Vegreville, where I bought my Saga 250 at the Dodge dealership there. What tire went flat? I got a flat rear tire last week, just have to put a new tube in. What do you find is the top speed of your bike? Mine is not really fast enough to go on the highways around here (and it's all highway roads from my place to work, town, etc.), so am thinking a new rear sprocket is in order. You'll find lots of good info here, especially for mods or maintenance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saga 250 enduro.jpg (63.2 KB, 314 views)

Old 05-07-2014, 01:03 AM   #9

That's a really nice looking bike.

Where in the Kootenays are you? I love that area, especially Nelson. Good skiing!

Old 05-08-2014, 11:35 PM   #10

Quote:
That's a really nice looking bike.

Where in the Kootenays are you? I love that area, especially Nelson. Good skiing!
I call it my "faux KTM", lol. Between Nelson and Castlegar, lots of good dual sport riding around here, as well as some of the best pavement in the province. I love it here!

Old 05-09-2014, 12:33 AM   #11

I haven't travelled there in a few years, but I used to visit regularly. Have you been up to Silverton in recent years? I haven't seen it for at least 15 years, and they were beginning the process of resurrecting the town at that time.

Faux KTM. Awesome.