Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 04-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #1

New Guy looking for a ATV dealer

Hello everyone, I am new to the china ATV world. I am looking for a reputable dealer of ATV's. I am planning to get both of my girls (6 and 10) one for riding around the family land. We live in a fairly flat area, surrounded by other family members homes. The girls will just be riding on flat area between homes, no serious off-roading. I have been to powersportsmax.com and found 2 that I like, but don't have the background to know if this is a good dealer. Thanks for all help.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

This is a perfect use of a Chinese ATV.

Flat ground and little kids and nothing too hard core the AVTV's will be well loved, useful, safe, fun, and they should hold up well.

I never thought it was a good use of money to spend big bucks on name brand ATV's for kids who will soon outgrow them, and beat them up cosmetically. Plus, the kids don't need, and could be harmed by, the higher performance of a Japanese/Canadian/European/American brand ATV.

Most Chinabike dealers are a little iffy in the customer service area, but Powersportsmax has been around for a while and has accumilated no bad reputation.

I'd say anything from the 90-150cc range with a CVT or semiautomatic would work great for you.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:47 PM   #3

I was looking at a 110cc for the youngest and 125 cc for the older girl. I did see somewhere else that there is assembly required (wheels and ???). I read somewhere that one of the dealers did assembly and tune-up? before shipping to your residence. Anyone with knowledge on this? How much assembly is required?

I have also found superiorpowersports.com. While Powersportsmax does not list makers, superiorpowersports list Tao Tao, Roketa, and Coolster as brands to buy. Any input? Thanks

Old 04-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #4

Either place is probably fine. You may be able to look at the BBB website for any major issues.

They are easy to put together. Wheels maybe the handlebars and seat.

If you run into any snags we'll help you out.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbywpd View Post

I have also found superiorpowersports.com. While Powersportsmax does not list makers, superiorpowersports list Tao Tao, Roketa, and Coolster as brands to buy. Any input? Thanks
They are probably the same brands. There is also scooterdepot and killermotorsports...Tao, Tao is definitely on the up and up.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-24-2014, 12:42 AM   #6

Welcome!

Be prepared to do a little work on the quads yourself, to get them dialed in and running properly; we're here to help. It's a very good investment in time to apply Loctite to all of the fasteners before you lose them on the trail.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-24-2014, 02:41 AM   #7

Welcome; you came to the right place. Everyone has given you excellent advice. Some minor assembly is required, but we will be glad to help you. If you decide to buy the guads, please post lots of photographs. We love watching the arrival, and the assembly of new machines.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-24-2014, 09:58 AM   #8

I would stick to the automatic CVT type. They work well on flat ground and no shifting. Just gas and go.

The little atvs I believe require the wheels and handlebars to be installed. The rest is assembled. Plan on having a quart of oil for each ready. Before putting gas in them use compressed air to blow out the tanks. Sometimes manufacturing debri with be in them. Also a good idea to replace the fuel line with quality stuff and a filter.

Avoid any the models that have remote starts. Keep them simple.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #9

Thanks everyone!