Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2016, 09:13 PM   #1

Fixing a washing machine. Very far off topic, but could use help.

Somewhere there is probably a forum for washing machines, but the last thing I want to do is look for it LOL. I know that my fellow China riders here are capable of fixing pretty much anything, so I thought I would ask here. The little cup to put the fabric softener and got pushed down, and just sort of flops around in there. Does anybody know how to fix this? Is it hard to take out that big agitator thing? Can I just glue it back in place or does it somehow move up and down on a mechanism?

Old 10-16-2016, 09:15 PM   #2

Here are a couple of pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3764.jpg (76.7 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3763.jpg (87.8 KB, 54 views)

Old 10-16-2016, 09:16 PM   #3

I could always call somebody, but to be home from work while the repair man is working is very hard, and I would be offended to the court to have somebody fix something for me if it is an easy repair LOL

Old 10-16-2016, 09:23 PM   #4

How embarrassing, never mind. I found a YouTube video. Turns out the son of a beech t pulls right out of there. I snapped it back in place. I feel like an idiot for not knowing that, but I'm happy it's fixed LOL

Last edited by FastDoc; 10-17-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:53 PM   #5

Sorry I just saw this ,and could of helped .

Old 10-17-2016, 11:24 AM   #6

I just found this as well. Glad you got it sorted out.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-17-2016, 12:00 PM   #7

Google and youtube are your friend.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:03 PM   #8

Now if I could figure out why my electric start gas fireplace doesn't work. May Google that sumbeech too ;-)

Old 10-17-2016, 03:23 PM   #9

Now I know too. I have the exact same washer as you. Not fancy just washes clothes. Huge capacity too. I see these front loader that are Bluetooth enabled and I shake my head and thing... the folks who buy this do not have expensive enough hobbies. They would rather spend their money on this.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:24 PM   #10

I'm late to the game too.I have had three machines with those cups.They can be a pain if they don't fit properly.One machine I had would throw it out,when the machine would spin the water out of the clothes.Awful noise it was.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:38 PM   #11

As a bachelor who loves motorcycles, airplanes, guns, and other fun expensive things, the last thing in the world I want to do is spend money on a washing machine.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
Now if I could figure out why my electric start gas fireplace doesn't work. May Google that sumbeech too ;-)
hey doc, last winter i was getting a poor , non blue flame on my indoor heater. i took it apart and blew it all out with compressed air hose. especially around the orifices etc and got all the dust out. after that the difference was amazing and it has worked as it was intended when it was new. easy fix here, maybe it will help you.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-18-2016, 07:30 AM   #13

You guys need to find a woman who sells appliances ,we have all the latest and have not paid anything for them in years .fwiw ,I don't happen to be a gadget guy so I don't mind the old stuff ,but my unwillingness to learn ( that's what I told them anyway ) allows me more time to play with my bikes,cars,trucks,and airplane because I don't have to do the laundry,dishes,etc ,although I do most of the cooking .

Old 10-19-2016, 01:36 AM   #14

You know why women wear white on the wedding day?

You want your dishwasher to match the rest of the appliances.

I'm not a gadget guy either and I really liked my old simple washer & dryer. They were easy to fix and when I discovered that I didn't like the 'programming' of the washer it was easy to modify because it was all mechanically activated switches. Same for my fridge, I like mechanical stuff. Fast forward and it's nearly impossible to get simple machines so I broke down and went modern electronic. I mostly don't like them. The washer's programming is stupid, wastes time and energy but I can't change it. I use the manual time option on the dryer because the 'smart automatic' cycle doesn't work well. If the new ice maker or water dispenser on the fridge takes a dump it'll be much harder to diagnose and probably impossible to bypass/fix like I did the old one. On the up side the water and electricity used has gone way down and so far the laundry is clean and the foods are cold. I had to re-boot my washer once, that was scary. I though it was FUBAR but luckily unplugging it brought it back around.

And for anyone unhappy with their clothes or dishes being clean enough by the machines, TSP. I used it in my dishwasher a few times and reloading brass once, then found that Lemi-Shine works better on both, haven't tried it on laundry and stuck to good ole TSP for that. Those additives are less relevant if you have soft water, but they still help.

Sorry I can't help with the auto ignite fireplace, I use fire to light mine. It's probably illegal to use here in So.Cal. so I actually only pretend that I use it to sound cool to bikers.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:41 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
You guys need to find a woman who sells appliances ,we have all the latest and have not paid anything for them in years .fwiw ,I don't happen to be a gadget guy so I don't mind the old stuff ,but my unwillingness to learn ( that's what I told them anyway ) allows me more time to play with my bikes,cars,trucks,and airplane because I don't have to do the laundry,dishes,etc ,although I do most of the cooking .
I'd rather have a woman that sells guns, cars, bikes, boats, or planes that gets me freebies.....But anything helps. I wound up with a teacher, and we have no kids; useless.