Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2016, 08:12 PM   #1

China bike group buy (Sumo)

So I found this on alibaba and I talked to a trade agent who told me I must order 32 to get one....-_- Now what I am wondering is if anyone would be willing to do a group buy for one of these? If there is intrest I will email my trade agent about doing a group buy, I would need at least 31 people willing to but one though.... Never even heard the term cargo bike before seeing this and from my research this seems like a good brand....(sumo) at half the price of a hawk it could be worth the risk.... Plus we know the exact factory these would have been made at.... Also note that this will most likely be the higher of the two prices....(550USD)

https://m.alibaba.com/product/604483...t-Bike-CB.html

"All forms of madness, bizarre habits, awkwardness in society, general clumsiness, are justified in the person who creates good art." -Roman Payne

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." -Mark Twain

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: Oh Lord, make my enemies ridiculous. And God granted it."
-(Letter to Étienne Noël Damilaville, May 16, 1767)

Old 08-27-2016, 09:29 AM   #2

One issue may be customs and EPA approval.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:15 AM   #3

Front and rear Drum Brakes, and not knowing if it's DOT/EPA/Title/Plates in the USA would make me ultimately pass on this bike... everything else seems decent tho:

OHC engine with unknown displacement, plenty of 'cargo' potential everywhere, "footrest", price is low

Find out final Shipping/Customs costs, what 'cc' engine is used, and if it's DOT/EPA approved with VIN numbers and MCO/MSO paperwork to get it titled/registered/plated/insured in America and I'm sure a few more people will chime in wanting a less expensive China Bike option... like I said, if it had real brakes Front and Rear (I really hate working on Drum Brakes), I know I would talk to the Mrs. about having another* China Bike so we both can cruise in style

* "another China bike", as in "Another Cheap China Bike"... I still want some CSC bikes after all

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Front and rear Drum Brakes, and not knowing if it's DOT/EPA/Title/Plates in the USA would make me ultimately pass on this bike... everything else seems decent tho:

OHC engine with unknown displacement, plenty of 'cargo' potential everywhere, "footrest", price is low

Find out final Shipping/Customs costs, what 'cc' engine is used, and if it's DOT/EPA approved with VIN numbers and MCO/MSO paperwork to get it titled/registered/plated/insured in America and I'm sure a few more people will chime in wanting a less expensive China Bike option... like I said, if it had real brakes Front and Rear (I really hate working on Drum Brakes), I know I would talk to the Mrs. about having another* China Bike so we both can cruise in style

* "another China bike", as in "Another Cheap China Bike"... I still want some CSC bikes after all
I will find another trade agent those people haven't replied to my emails....

"All forms of madness, bizarre habits, awkwardness in society, general clumsiness, are justified in the person who creates good art." -Roman Payne

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." -Mark Twain

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: Oh Lord, make my enemies ridiculous. And God granted it."

Old 08-28-2016, 03:01 AM   #5

A few years ago, it would have been as straightforward as getting a container load, but nowadays, EPA/DOT is no easy feat, and these would not be worth getting without it. The container would most likely not even be released!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-29-2016, 11:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
A few years ago, it would have been as straightforward as getting a container load, but nowadays, EPA/DOT is no easy feat, and these would not be worth getting without it. The container would most likely not even be released!
Okay I see what your saying....

Old 08-29-2016, 07:43 PM   #7

My guess is that by the time a container even got here, and EPA/DOT was done (the shortcut would be certified off-road, like the Hawk, which would probably severely limit buyers to those states which register bikes based on street equipment), these would cost about what a group buy (based on how many Hawks fit in a 20 ft. container) of the Hawk or Magician (or even a mix of both) would cost.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 08-29-2016, 08:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
My guess is that by the time a container even got here, and EPA/DOT was done (the shortcut would be certified off-road, like the Hawk, which would probably severely limit buyers to those states which register bikes based on street equipment), these would cost about what a group buy (based on how many Hawks fit in a 20 ft. container) of the Hawk or Magician (or even a mix of both) would cost.
Ive found a few DOT EPA bikes on that site. You would have more luck with one of them. Look at the Bashan's.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:46 PM   #9

From what I have heard focused on scooters around 2008 when every one wanted one, a particular brand a big distributor here is selling if you imported ones just like it from same maker you would have dot and epa problems.

Seems a few importers did just that and their scooters did not have the dot/epa plate or stickers issued to importer and could not be sold.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:25 PM   #10

Similar thing happened with American Lifan and their very popular GY-5 enduro. Several other importers got their Lifans via other distributors, and American Lifan was trying to lay claim to being the only 'authorized' Lifan distributor for the US (which we found out they weren't thanks to a lawsuit against American Lifan from a prominent Lifan importer, Hooper Imports). However, they did scare the few others who were importing the GY-5 away from selling Lifans. It was a mess, but ultimately, American Lifan went out of business after trying to fudge some scooters EPA/DOT once the EPA started cracking down. The new Lifan out of So. Cal., from what I understand, have nothing to do with American Lifan out of Dallas, TX.

Again, I think the best deal on bikes would be to get a group buy on RPS Hawks/Magicians from Adam, rather than trying to bring in bikes from other distributors direct from China, even Bashan. I guess if one could locate Bashan's US distributor, a group buy could also be negotiated. I was in contact with Bashan's rep a few years ago, if you wanted me to try to get hold of him to ask him about Bashan, since there really is not one central distributor for Bashan. I like the Brozz model, personally, which is the one that looks kind of like the Hawk. I did see them on the EPA/DOT certification list for 2016 models, as well as other common Bashan models, so they are good to go for the next few months as far as certification goes.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 08-30-2016, 12:37 AM   #11

A group buy on some Hawks or Bashan's sounds like a great idea. I think more people on this site would be interested in something like that. Maybe five or ten. thirty two is just too complex and risky. Let as know if you can swing it.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:34 AM   #12

Look at the Bashan Shark. It is DOT and EPA approved already. Here's the link:

https://m.alibaba.com/product/519936...0312.23.KFJpqu

Old 08-30-2016, 09:42 AM   #13

if there was a group buy, I'd prefer to find a larger displacement such as a 400 if possible.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:54 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM RETIRED GUY View Post
A group buy on some Hawks or Bashan's sounds like a great idea. I think more people on this site would be interested in something like that. Maybe five or ten. thirty two is just too complex and risky. Let as know if you can swing it.
For a site like this they may make a exception, this is a community where people talk.... They just need to see this thread and understand there getting paid for exposure....

A friend in Britain suggested to me when I tried to get a alternative vehicle into the US that I ship it in parts.... That way I can work around the regulations enforced by the EPA until I get it inspected....

https://m.alibaba.com/product/601628...0312.16.26K4RO

450 China bike for you

Old 08-31-2016, 07:28 AM   #15

For the heck of it, I got hold of the Bashan rep. I had been looking at the Brozz in past years. The rep got back to me pretty quickly, and asked if I wanted one, or was I a dealer. The email address I used was from where I got their information for Bashan USA, Inc. Matthew is the rep:

Contact Information
Bashan Motorcycle USA Inc
Phone: (562) 926-2888
Email: xpowersports@gmail.com
Web: www.chinabashan.com
Matthew He
Sales Manager
Email | xpowersports@gmail.com

They don't have a US site, so this is the link I got the above:

http://www.manta.com/c/mvrxvd3/basha...rcycle-usa-inc

Just went to my email inbox--he wrote again:

"If you consider becoming a dealer, you could call Jass motorsports at 626-839-7788
Jass motorsports is distributing Brozz 250 and Shark 250 for us.

All of our distributors are exclusive distributing, so I can not sell these bikes to you directly.

Please let me know if u need any other information

Thanks
Matthew"

TGB Delivery Scooter 150