Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2023, 01:43 AM   #1

Roketa 250 2008 questions

As a newcomer to scooters in general I've recently purchased a Roketa 250(assumedly) 2008 model for $150.
It didn't run but after adding some radiator fluid, cleaning the carb, draining the old gas, and cleaning the air filter I have it running.
At this point before doing anything else I need to get some brakes working.
Neither of the brake levers have any pressure. Today I bled them and didn't really suck much through the handle "master cylinders" as I was vacuuming out the lines. I was still getting fluid out of what I assume was the lines and the calipers. After tightening the nipples back up the front one was clearly not closing for some reason because when I was squeezing the lever it I could see a little fluid coming out of the nipple.

My question is how in the hell am I ever going to find a replacement or rebuild kit, I've seen very similar looking ones on amazon and ebay but I don't know if they would work. It has 2 pistons in the caliper and many of them I see on amazon are either single cylinder or don't look like an exact match.
I'll be just completely removing them to make sure what parts are bike specific brakets that I could take off the caliper and attach to another one, but I figured this place would be as good as any to ask about them.

I know I could have got a better deal if I had just spent more on a newer scooter in a much better condition, but I also like projects and wanted to get in on the ground floor so at least I would know how to fix things on one when the time comes.

I do have the honda reflex repair manual but even though this is a clone bike I'm seeing differences all over the place.

If this post gains any traction I'll upload some pictures of the progress and disassembly with some measurements to help deduce some better answers.
Thanks.

Old 11-04-2023, 08:55 AM   #2

It’s funny you posted this a few days ago. I just bought a 2008 tank sports touring 250de and have the same issue, my one brake has the piston stuck in so handle is floppy and the other is like a rock. I have a feeling we’re going to be in the same boat, hopefully we can get some info for these dinosaurs of scooters. I’ll let you know if I find out anything, please do the same. I’m in Ohio where are you?

Tags
250cc, brake caliper, roketa