Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2022, 09:00 AM   #1

Anyone seen/ridden the trailmaster TM29?

Hi all! I've had a few Chinese bikes along the way (taotao, apollo, and coolster) but am looking very seriously at picking up a trailmaster tm29. I can't find much at all online about it. Does anyone have any experience? Should I just bite the bullet and give it a try?

Old 04-12-2022, 11:32 AM   #2

Never heard of them before. Looks like a modified Apollo X18. Not a bad looking bike, though.

Old 04-12-2022, 12:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon45 View Post
Never heard of them before. Looks like a modified Apollo X18. Not a bad looking bike, though.
Motobuys sells the full lineup. I believe they might be XMotos bikes that are rebadged, or at least several of the bikes. Motobuys generally rebadges most every bike they sell with old, now defunct brands such as 'Jetmoto', 'Kymoto' and a couple other old brands. Trailmaster might be a name they came up with on their own (I don't recall that name from the early days of Chinariders), and they might be the main distributors of them, perhaps. https://motobuys.com/collections/tra...ype=Dirt+bikes

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-12-2022, 12:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Motobuys sells the full lineup. I believe they might be XMotos bikes that are rebadged, or at least several of the bikes. Motobuys generally rebadges most every bike they sell with old, now defunct brands such as 'Jetmoto', 'Kymoto' and a couple other old brands. Trailmaster might be a name they came up with on their own (I don't recall that name from the early days of Chinariders), and they might be the main distributors of them, perhaps. https://motobuys.com/collections/tra...ype=Dirt+bikes
Yep. They're rebadged mototecs. Their TM10 is the same as my Mototec X1

Old 05-24-2022, 07:38 PM   #5

ended up picking one up. It's a pretty bike. split the carb open last night to adjust jetting, waiting on a replacement tank (cracked during shpping), but all around happy so far.

Old 02-21-2023, 02:20 PM   #6

Added Comments to old thread

I see this thread is nearing a year old, but I wanted to add a few things to help put some info out there about the TM29. I don't know anything about the manufacturers and rebadging but just some experience with the operation of the bike itself. For others riding the TM29, I also be started a new thread with updates about the bike as we ride more and what we repair/replace and when.

Overall, we LOVE the TM29. For anyone considering buying, it could be a really good economical way to start riding. But be aware and mindful of some things.....

(See full story of our experience in my separate thread, immediately below I am listing some things anyone buying this bike should be aware of and prepare to replace/do to make it a viable long term dirt bike).

-Whether pre-assembled or not, find a good dirt bike mechanic that works on the Chinese models (you may have to call around, dealers may not be very helpful and likely to blow you off, but find a good, individual mechanic who can work on it or refer you to someone) and get a full inspection and all bolts/nuts properly checked and tightened. If you do not check the entire bike very well, even with a pre-assemble, you could be putting your life in danger (see my full post).

-Before you even start riding, get a good quality battery. The battery from factory is absolute crap. Doing so will make all the difference in starting.

-When you have your mechanic check the bike, go ahead and have him (or her) bleed and replace the brake fluid for the rear brake.

-When you have the mechanic check the bike, go ahead and have him (or her) replace both front and rear tubes. This may seem premature, but the tubes that come in the bike are thin as handi-wrap and are very very poor quality. Do yourself a HUGE favor and just nip that problem waiting to happen before it happens.

-Expect to replace the chain and sprocket (some may disagree, but every chain replacement for me gets a full chain/sprocket kit) fairly soon after starting to ride. Factory chain is not very good but will work for a bit.

-The decals are poor quality and started peeling almost immediately. I am currently looking for custom decals to put on it. Since it for my daughter and we have sentimental value in it, I'm willing to pay for custom made decals.

Old 02-21-2023, 09:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pca2128 View Post
I see this thread is nearing a year old, but I wanted to add a few things to help put some info out there about the TM29. I don't know anything about the manufacturers and rebadging but just some experience with the operation of the bike itself. For others riding the TM29, I also be started a new thread with updates about the bike as we ride more and what we repair/replace and when.

Overall, we LOVE the TM29. For anyone considering buying, it could be a really good economical way to start riding. But be aware and mindful of some things.....

(See full story of our experience in my separate thread, immediately below I am listing some things anyone buying this bike should be aware of and prepare to replace/do to make it a viable long term dirt bike).

-Whether pre-assembled or not, find a good dirt bike mechanic that works on the Chinese models (you may have to call around, dealers may not be very helpful and likely to blow you off, but find a good, individual mechanic who can work on it or refer you to someone) and get a full inspection and all bolts/nuts properly checked and tightened. If you do not check the entire bike very well, even with a pre-assemble, you could be putting your life in danger (see my full post).

-Before you even start riding, get a good quality battery. The battery from factory is absolute crap. Doing so will make all the difference in starting.

-When you have your mechanic check the bike, go ahead and have him (or her) bleed and replace the brake fluid for the rear brake.

-When you have the mechanic check the bike, go ahead and have him (or her) replace both front and rear tubes. This may seem premature, but the tubes that come in the bike are thin as handi-wrap and are very very poor quality. Do yourself a HUGE favor and just nip that problem waiting to happen before it happens.

-Expect to replace the chain and sprocket (some may disagree, but every chain replacement for me gets a full chain/sprocket kit) fairly soon after starting to ride. Factory chain is not very good but will work for a bit.

-The decals are poor quality and started peeling almost immediately. I am currently looking for custom decals to put on it. Since it for my daughter and we have sentimental value in it, I'm willing to pay for custom made decals.
I guess you deleted your post in the Reviews section. This time I replied to save some or perhaps all of your comments for some context to my response.

I should add that I have the original chain and sprockets on my 5-speed Templar X. The sprockets should last a while, but I have gotten the chain mucky a few times. Chains don't like that, not matter how good they are ! O-ring chains resist it somewhat, but you still have to clean them and do chain maintenance. I am probably not alone in stating that I don't like chain maintenance !!!

See Post 2 in
https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=32306

Old 02-17-2024, 01:38 AM   #8

Where to buy factory decals for templar